News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

TIME to ADJUST (Daylight Saving Time)

Started by clean, March 06, 2020, 12:09:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clean

Are you ready to Spring Forward? 
Will you remember, or are your devices all set/programmed to adjust automatically?

Any thoughts on Daylight Saving Time? 

Are you fer it or again it? 
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

dismalist

I'm never ready to go to Daylight Savings Time. It's nothing more than state sponsored harassment.

The stuff was invented during World War I and used again during World war II. Last time I looked, these wars were over.
That's not even wrong!
--Wolfgang Pauli

arcturus

Definitely against it. I lived briefly in a State that did not invoke it. It was fantastic!

toothpaste

Thank you!

There is so much pandemic and politics in my feeds that I would have forgotten this.

I wish we were on Daylight ST all year around.

mamselle

Thanks for the reminder!

(Blame Ben Franklin if you don't like it.)

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

dismalist

We'll get it back in a many months, but without interest. :-(
That's not even wrong!
--Wolfgang Pauli

Puget

For! Where I live should, by the sun, be an hour ahead of the time zone we are in, so we will just be returning to our rightful time, and I want that evening light.
"Never get separated from your lunch. Never get separated from your friends. Never climb up anything you can't climb down."
–Best Colorado Peak Hikes

dismalist

Aw, I see there are different opinions. Let's have a free market solution, no not everybody chooses his own time, but everybody chooses when to get up! :-)
That's not even wrong!
--Wolfgang Pauli

polly_mer

Quote from: dismalist on March 06, 2020, 08:52:00 PM
everybody chooses when to get up! :-)

I, for one, am happy to reset to get up at a reasonable time based on when I need to interact with other humans instead of way too early so I'm fading fast for the last few hours of the work day.

Moving around the far-too-few hours of sunlight in the winter is much less optimal than having more sun all around.  There's a reason I'm living much farther south than I was raised.
Quote from: hmaria1609 on June 27, 2019, 07:07:43 PM
Do whatever you want--I'm just the background dancer in your show!

mahagonny

If you lived in Antarctica you could agree to set your clock two weeks ahead. Then back again in October.

0susanna

I despise time-changing and wish we--and every country--would abolish it. It's pointless and has been shown to cause physical stress in addition to mental and emotional stress. Standard time and the gradual movement of light is just fine.
As usual, no one with power cares what I think.

hmaria1609

I posted a floral-themed sign (snagged from Google images) about Daylight Savings in our library staff office earlier this week.  I'm not a fan of the hour ahead in spring.

dismalist

Daylight Savings Time 2020 ends November 1st.

Praise the Lord that it ends, even if only temporarily.
That's not even wrong!
--Wolfgang Pauli

polly_mer

I'm up and it's a reasonable time.  Even Blocky just got himself up at a reasonable time.
Quote from: hmaria1609 on June 27, 2019, 07:07:43 PM
Do whatever you want--I'm just the background dancer in your show!