Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

TIME to ADJUST (Daylight Saving Time)

Started by clean, March 06, 2020, 12:09:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

Puget

I just arrived in Belgium for a conference and I fly home Sunday. Since Belgium doesn't change until later in March, there is a 6 hour change coming but only a 5 hour change going home-- so I guess that's a win?
"Never get separated from your lunch. Never get separated from your friends. Never climb up anything you can't climb down."
–Best Colorado Peak Hikes

Harlow2

We will be able to do after-work walks without headlamps!

dismalist

That's not even wrong!
--Wolfgang Pauli

clean

QuoteTwo weeks to go before normalcy.

Lately, I have no clue what 'normalcy' even remotely resembles!! 
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

hmaria1609

You've remind me to post a sign for my colleagues at the library.  (There's plenty of Fall Daylight Saving pix on Google Images) Thanks! :)

dismalist

Here's a fascinating report on the status of legislation concerning Daylight Saving Time from NPR

Politics of Daylight Saving Time

fascinating because people seem to have very different views on the utility to them of Daylight Saving Time, and of course politicians will not commit under such circumstances.

One argument for Daylight Saving Time cited in the article is that it enhances aggregate spending. This could only be true for a small slice of retail, but rest assured, if there were really a demand deficit on account of abolishing Daylight Saving Time, I could make it up if the government gave me lots of money. :-)

An argument against Daylight Saving Time, also cited, is by the medical establishment. They're right about this one.

Anyway, it's not going away permanently soon.
That's not even wrong!
--Wolfgang Pauli

dismalist

Starting tomorrow morning, a coupla' months of peace.
That's not even wrong!
--Wolfgang Pauli

evil_physics_witchcraft

Falling back is fine, it's the springing forward that I don't like.

Puget

"Never get separated from your lunch. Never get separated from your friends. Never climb up anything you can't climb down."

RatGuy

In
Quote from: Puget on November 05, 2023, 06:06:17 AMNot at all OK with the 4:30 sunset.

I kinda love it. Also a big fan of it being light enough to walk my dog before I leave for work.

fishbrains

My dog says eating an hour later than her stomach clock dictates is some serious bull$hit.
I wish I could find a way to show people how much I love them, despite all my words and actions. ~ Maria Bamford

hmaria1609

I appreciated the extra hour of sleep! :)
I changed clocks back before bedtime last night.

Puget

I'm not sure how, since surely the device she was emailing from had updated automatically, but I had a student email today in a panic that she had over-slept and was really late for class, when in fact class didn't start for half an hour yet. Better than the spring version! 

apl68

Saturday I was returning from vacation out of state and drove about 650 miles.  Then I had to wash clothing, go get groceries, and make sure the house was okay.  I was glad to have that new hour that evening!  And I still needed a two-hour nap after church.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.