News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Toxic? Or just a criminal?

Started by jimbogumbo, August 20, 2020, 08:19:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nebo113

As someone associated with the butterfly sanctuary damaged by Bannon's wall said, "hope he enjoys the body cavity search."

Wahoo Redux

Quote from: nebo113 on August 21, 2020, 05:50:04 AM
As someone associated with the butterfly sanctuary damaged by Bannon's wall said, "hope he enjoys the body cavity search."

I feel sorry for the guard who has to do the search. 
Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.

mahagonny

Obviously he's got a rogue method for getting money for the wall, so it wouldn't be all that shocking that they've been skimming money and hiding it. However, if we call Steve Bannon's activity 'toxic whiteness'  then how do we explain that illegal immigration hurts the least wealthy (people of color) among us the most? So that were the wall to have been completed with Bannon's help as he had hoped, they would then be better off, and the business owners who would end up paying more for minimally skilled labor are mostly white?

jimbogumbo

mahogany: OP here. I didn't mention whiteness, nor did I intend to. I meant (and do think) that Bannon is toxic in the sense he poisons all he touches.

mahagonny

Quote from: jimbogumbo on August 21, 2020, 03:38:50 PM
mahogany: OP here. I didn't mention whiteness, nor did I intend to. I meant (and do think) that Bannon is toxic in the sense he poisons all he touches.

Got it.