News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Welcome Aboard!

Started by eigen, May 16, 2019, 02:14:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0susanna

Thanks to all who worked to set this up. I'm mostly a lurker, but I have appreciated and learned lots from the CHE fora, and am pleased to have a space to interact with colleagues near and (mostly) far.

polly_mer

"The Lodgers" was a thread of its own (https://www.chronicle.com/forums/index.php/topic,34006.0.html) that was last updated in 2012.

Quote from: mamselle on May 30, 2019, 11:22:50 AM
Should we transport the list of Clubhouse and Sweatlodge members?

I vote no.  I think we should take the opportunity here to do a fresh reboot on any running list of very active members.  Yes, let's celebrate long-standing members of the community with any milestones they like for post count in any combination and let's also be welcoming to new monikers whether they are new individuals or individuals taking advantage of the reboot to get a fresh start.
Quote from: hmaria1609 on June 27, 2019, 07:07:43 PM
Do whatever you want--I'm just the background dancer in your show!

happylittletrees

Thank you to everyone working to set up the new site. I have been mostly lurking lately, but I'm excited to be a part of the new site.
Talk to the tree; make friends with it.
-Bob Ross
Maybe in our world there lives a happy little tree over there.
-Bob Ross

mamselle

Good to see your moniker again!

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Professor Autumn

Thanks to everyone for setting up the new fora and getting it going so smoothly.
I was mostly a regular reader, sometimes poster to the CHE.
Not sure whether I will brave enough to post more here, but will definitely shift my reading to the fora.

aside

Well, welcome again!

aside

polly_mer

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on May 29, 2019, 05:58:26 PM
Quote from: polly_mer on May 29, 2019, 04:45:36 PM
Quote from: Hibush on May 29, 2019, 04:30:36 PM
Also, Mamselle broke 100 posts, making her the first to go from New Member to plain old Member.

*ahem*

Mamselle is second to break 100 posts and become a Member.

Mamselle, I'll race you to 250!

Maybe I should delete 50 of your posts to even things out. ;)

Too slow!  This is post 250!

Who's up for the race to 500 posts?
Quote from: hmaria1609 on June 27, 2019, 07:07:43 PM
Do whatever you want--I'm just the background dancer in your show!

bioteacher

To those who have worked so hard to preserve the community and aid in this relocation: THANK YOU. I'm not longer in academia. Despite a 5 year job hunt that has yet to lead me to where I want, I will not be returning. Yet I have made far too many friends here to abandon the fora group. The collective wisdom and support I have are priceless and I treasure them.

mamselle

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Bud

Hi Everyone,
I am Bud formerly Bud04. I am sad to hear the CHE fora is ending. It was a lot of fun for so long. I'm looking forward to being a part of this new Fora.
Bud

mamselle

Good to see your name again!

Hope all is going well.

M.

Bud

It is good to be here. Lots to tell you when we catch up.

mouseman

I just wanted to tell you all that I finished cleaning out the Clubhouse. I made sure to set the immoral porpoises free, before emptying the infinity pool. The Donkey and the HE are staying at my place for now, but I don't like how the MouseCat is looking at the HE.

"Just the place for a Snark!" the Bellman cried,
   As he landed his crew with care;
Supporting each man on the top of the tide
   By a finger entwined in his hair.

Lewis Carroll

Bbmaj7b5

I was ST in the old place. I had started out here with the same moniker but decided to do something else this time, so (in my singular fashion) gave myself something unpronounceable.

AnaTommy

Quote from: knot on May 20, 2019, 08:13:50 PM
I've been a dedicated lurker for ages due to a forgotten password that I never took the time to reset.   I appreciate the work that went into creating the new space; thank you!

That is my story, too. I don't even remember my moniker: I haven't posted for 7-8 years.

Thanks to all of you who made this happen!