News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Thanksgiving 2022

Started by Langue_doc, November 05, 2022, 10:16:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

evil_physics_witchcraft

Oops! I forgot that this thread was here and started another one.

Here's a question. What will YOU be cooking, eating, or both for Thanksgiving?

Langue_doc

Quote from: evil_physics_witchcraft on November 18, 2022, 07:11:05 PM
Oops! I forgot that this thread was here and started another one.

Here's a question. What will YOU be cooking, eating, or both for Thanksgiving?

Thankfully I won't have to cook, prep, clean up, or do a major grocery run, but just enjoy the company of some wonderful people who sort of adopted me. We've never ever discussed politics during any of the Thanksgiving gatherings, which is one of the many reasons why I enjoy the holiday and the company. The hostess is a close friend's relative. I suspect the hostess and family (not my friend) are staunch conservatives, so the absence of political discussions is truly a gift.

Hope you are surrounded by people who care about you.

clean

Leaving tomorrow for our Covid Delayed Honeymoon.  See Vent Thread! 

But I am hoping that once I wake up tomorrow afternoon from what I am sure will be a much needed nap, I intend to have a good time! 

Thanksgiving in the port of Cabo.  (though we didnt get the excursions we wanted, so we may stay on the ship and have a spa day!   I promised to pay to let her sharpen and polish all her claws! ) 
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

hmaria1609

Taking this week off. I bought home a few books from the library.

WTOP Radio has the best and worst times to be driving through the greater Baltimore/DC region:
https://wtop.com/thanksgiving-news/2022/11/traveling-for-thanksgiving-best-and-worst-times-to-hit-the-roads-in-dc-area/
Scroll past ad breaks to read full article.

Safe and smooth travels to everyone heading out for Thanksgiving!

mamselle

Home. Peace. Turkey, etc.

Bliss.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

EdnaMode

Not travelling this year. It will be nice to stay home, cook, bake, relax, sleep in, read something I want to (not something I have to), and enjoy some peace. It's been a rough couple of months for many reasons so looking forward to the time off. Also, NOT looking at work email at all. There's absolutely nothing going on that will require a response from me until after break. Safe travels to everyone on the road and in the skies.
I never look back, darling. It distracts from the now.

Juvenal

Creamed onions--such a chore!  Peeling all those pearl onions and making sure the sauce is as-it-should-be.  But the folks (a couple of decades on) expect the dish to be there (casserole).  A long-time regular is not coming and so... no "Oysters Rockefeller" for us!
Cranky septuagenarian

sinenomine

I canceled my planned trip and have been enjoying relaxing at home. Just went out and got the ingredients for tomorrow to make salmon with satay peanut sauce, veggies, cheese and crackers, and a sidecar. Or two. Or three.
"How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks...."

Puget

Thanksgiving has never been a big deal, must-do holiday in my family (being home for Passover on the other hand. . .), and travel this time of year is horrendous so I'm just using the break to catch up on work. Just being able to work from home without interruption is reducing my stress levels immensely at the moment. I will zoom with my parents tomorrow, and we will each make a few Thanksgiving-ish dishes (vegetarian so no bird). This weekend if the weather cooperates I may go the nearby wildlife refuge for hike/bird watch.
"Never get separated from your lunch. Never get separated from your friends. Never climb up anything you can't climb down."
–Best Colorado Peak Hikes

OneMoreYear

Headed out to see the in-laws tomorrow early (7-hour drive). I won the in-law lottery; they are wonderful people who are amazing hosts (and wonderful cooks). But I have been sick most of this horrific semester. I am so exhausted, and all I want to do is stay home, sleep, and catch up on some work, so the next 2 weeks are not excruciating.

Larimar

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone, including the canine and feline members of The Fora!

Mr. Larimar and I are off soon to see his side of the family for the day. They live a little over an hour away. Yesterday I made large batches of a couple of my specialties, garlic mashed potatoes and green beans amandine, and we found some lovely rosemary bread to bring too. I've been looking forward to this. I really lucked out when it comes to the in-laws. They're good people.

Larimar

clean

Happy Thanksgiving from our Honeymoon cruise in MEXICO! 

I dont really drink, so I have had more to drink in the last 5 days than in the entire last year.  Not that it is a  lot to drink, but it takes so little for me to feel it, and I am not a fan of the feeling! 

Tonight we are going to the Specialty Restaurant (which is Italian, as that is all that was available, and it wasnt available before 815 Mexico Time, .. so WAY past my usual supper time.  But that is ok, I have had plenty to eat).

May have to return to a more restricted diet when I return home.  Im feeling that I may be filling out the pants a bit more than when I departed. 

Anyway, I hope that everyone has had a Great Thanksgiving with people (and cats, or even dogs) that they WANT to spend time with!
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader