News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Voting Day in the United States

Started by arcturus, November 08, 2022, 04:23:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mahagonny

I think we may have found the progressive who wants to create racial equality in the U.S.A. by reminding us that they notice Black people are too stupid to figure out how to get a valid ID card.

Wahoo Redux

Quote from: Anon1787 on November 13, 2022, 10:44:08 AM
Trumpists and conservatives are two parts of the coalition that make up the GOP like the Biden and Bernie wings of the Democrats that nonetheless remain distinct.

From The Guardian: Democrats celebrate retaining control of Senate as Republicans take stock:

As fallout from the midterm elections continues, attention is likely to pivot to Florida next week, where Trump is expected to announce a 2024 run for the presidency at his private members' club in Palm Beach.

Although polling still indicates Trump is the preferred candidate among the Republican base, his support has shown signs of fracture after many of his endorsed candidates performed poorly last week. One poll released on Saturday showed Trump's support declining by six points to 50%, while far-right governor Ron DeSantis, who cruised to re-election last week, saw support increase.

<snip>

"He's still the 800-lb gorilla," Hogan said. "It's still a battle and it's going to continue for the next few years. We're still two years out from the next election, and ... the dust is still settling from this one. I think it would be a mistake, as I mentioned Trump's cost us the last three elections and I don't want to see it happen a fourth time."

The first step to beating an addiction is to admit you have a problem.

The "conservatives" are going to need to openly and clearly rebuke Trump if they ever want to rid themselves of the MAGA taint.

Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.

Anon1787

Quote from: Wahoo Redux on November 13, 2022, 04:52:37 PM

The "conservatives" are going to need to openly and clearly rebuke Trump if they ever want to rid themselves of the MAGA taint.

Democrats are the flip side of the same coin in being addicted to anti-MAGA as an organizing principle (what will they do when they don't have Trump to kick around anymore?). The GOP needs to replace Trump but does not need to pass the Democrats' anti-MAGA purity test to win.

Wahoo Redux

Quote from: Anon1787 on November 13, 2022, 05:47:43 PM

Democrats are the flip side of the same coin in being addicted to anti-MAGA as an organizing principle (what will they do when they don't have Trump to kick around anymore?). The GOP needs to replace Trump but does not need to pass the Democrats' anti-MAGA purity test to win.

And there we have it!

The conservative pivot!!!

Admit that you have a problem and are powerless against it.

jimbogumbo

Quote from: mahagonny on November 13, 2022, 01:44:28 PM
Quote from: Ruralguy on November 13, 2022, 01:32:42 PM
You obviously have a response ready to anyone who answers your question. So lets just please skip the antics.
Please just state your opinion.

My opinion is Trump tried his best while in office to improve life in the USA for black people. With decent success too.
My opinion of race baiting dems, if and when I encounter them, here and elsewhere -- you don't want to know.

(keeping it simple)

I'm sorry, but I think that is silliest opinion you've ever expressed. President Trump frankly cares about nothing but himself. Just look at his interviews for heaven's sake. And to preempt other things you might express he doesn't care about veterans, the military, seniors, women or for that matter Rs. I'm hoping like heck DeSantis wins the nomination so I can watch the formation of a third party candidate in 2024.

mahagonny

Quote from: jimbogumbo on November 13, 2022, 06:21:12 PM
You obviously have a response ready to anyone who answers your question. So lets just please skip the antics.

My opinion is Trump tried his best while in office to improve life in the USA for black people. With decent success too.
My opinion of race baiting dems, if and when I encounter them, here and elsewhere -- you don't want to know.

(keeping it simple)

I'm sorry, but I think that is silliest opinion you've ever expressed. President Trump frankly cares about nothing but himself. Just look at his interviews for heaven's sake. And to preempt other things you might express he doesn't care about veterans, the military, seniors, women or for that matter Rs. I'm hoping like heck DeSantis wins the nomination so I can watch the formation of a third party candidate in 2024.

Don't be clown, Jim. All you convey is his personality rubs you the wrong way. You have given me an opinion and no reason whatsoever to consider it.
I asked which policies of his were racist, etc. Since we know he is a flaming white supremacist who only got elected to enact white supremacist policies, which his loyal following are endlessly grateful for, to this day, all according to the political left, of which you are ardently a member, you should be able to answer some of this by naming at least a few such policies:

QuoteCurious about a few things. Which of the Trump administration's policy decisions enacted during his term were white racist, or the most white racist, in your view?
Second, if a black racist want to vote for Raphael Warnock, does Warnock tell him not to?
If a white racist wants to vote for Trump, is that proof that he, Trump, is a white racist who seeks power for racist ends?
ETA: Who votes the way they do because they are angry? Just democrats, just repubs, or anyone at all?
Do you have any theories about why DJT got more black vote than the republican candidates before him and also why he was able to get even more in 2020 than in 2016?

my goodness. even ciao_yall tried harder than that.

mahagonny

The republican candidate in 2024 will be campaigned against by getting portrayed as a threat to democracy by the incumbent POTUs. First time ever in my life.
I've told you (I mean, you-all), Joe Biden is a reckless, dangerous moron.

ETA: BTW, remember, we would have had our first highly qualified African-American Supreme Court Justice around 2006 if it hadn't been for Joe Biden.

jimbogumbo

Quote from: mahagonny on November 13, 2022, 06:31:02 PM
Quote from: jimbogumbo on November 13, 2022, 06:21:12 PM

(keeping it simple)

Don't be clown, Jim. All you convey is his personality rubs you the wrong way. You have given me an opinion and no reason whatsoever to consider it.
I asked which policies of his were racist, etc. Since we know he is a flaming white supremacist who only got elected to enact white supremacist policies, which his loyal following are endlessly grateful for, to this day, all according to the political left, of which you are ardently a member, you should be able to answer some of this by naming at least a few such policies:

QuoteCurious about a few things. Which of the Trump administration's policy decisions enacted during his term were white racist, or the most white racist, in your view?
Second, if a black racist want to vote for Raphael Warnock, does Warnock tell him not to?
If a white racist wants to vote for Trump, is that proof that he, Trump, is a white racist who seeks power for racist ends?
ETA: Who votes the way they do because they are angry? Just democrats, just repubs, or anyone at all?
Do you have any theories about why DJT got more black vote than the republican candidates before him and also why he was able to get even more in 2020 than in 2016?

my goodness. even ciao_yall tried harder than that.

I did not say his policies were racist; that is apparently the only thing that will affect your opinion. I told you what informs my opinion. I said, and continue to point to, his words.  Please say you are unaware of his actions and words against Blacks through redlining (see the suits), his actions and words pertaining to the Central Park 5, his actions and words about birtherism regarding President Obama. Don't forget shithole countries, Mexico only sends us rapists and murderers, and "there were very good people on both sides" at Charlottesville.

Keep deluding yourself.

BTW, I never called you anything. I spoke of your opinion. Even a clown like me can be an informed clown.

Wahoo Redux

You will not reach our friend, mahag.

mahagonny

I didn't call you name. I gave you advice.

So your opinion is Trump's policy decisions as president were not racist. I agree. Why do you think black support for republican POTUS increased during the Trump years, if it's not imposing too much?

mahagonny

Quote from: Wahoo Redux on November 13, 2022, 06:00:45 PM

And there we have it!

The conservative pivot!!!

Admit that you have a problem and are powerless against it.

We have a problem. We democrats had that problem, or thought we did, in 2020. Because the lecherous, lying Bill Clinton had so embarrassed us, Al Gore chose Joe Lieberman, the senator who had challenged Clinton, thinking it would offset the anti-Clinton vibes. While doing that he just about forgot to mention the eight years of pretty decent prosperity and lost. And Lieberman, not a liberal, was no help.
You democrats have a problem. Without the 'threat to democracy' chant, what do you have for swing voters? Inflation, fentanyl, eternal confession of whiteness, the right of men to have babies and abortions. I would think it's time to get busy with some ideas.

jimbogumbo

Quote from: mahagonny on November 13, 2022, 07:10:03 PM
I didn't call you name. I gave you advice.

So your opinion is Trump's policy decisions as president were not racist.

As to point A, that is a nice deflection.

As to point B, don't try to put words in my mouth. I didn't respond to that request. I pointed out why I think he's racist. You were the one in your statement who said that you believed you knew what his intentions were.

Sun_Worshiper

Lake isn't getting the numbers she needs in AZ. Looks like Dems will flip the state. Another embarrassing loss for Trump and another win for democracy and for decency.

On the other hand, Rs look like they'll take the house by a few seats. Will be a very slim majority and will be interesting to watch the majority leader (presumably McCarthy) try to keep the crazies in line.   

Wahoo Redux

what will they do when they don't have Trump to kick around anymore?

Quote from: mahagonny on November 13, 2022, 07:32:25 PM
I would think it's time to get busy with some ideas.

First let's get the toxic stench of MAGA out of the air and then we can get to work, all of us who are sane.

jimbogumbo

Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on November 13, 2022, 07:47:23 PM
Lake isn't getting the numbers she needs in AZ. Looks like Dems will flip the state. Another embarrassing loss for Trump and another win for democracy and for decency.

On the other hand, Rs look like they'll take the house by a few seats. Will be a very slim majority and will be interesting to watch the majority leader (presumably McCarthy) try to keep the crazies in line.

I agree. There is still a significant percentage uncounted in Apache and Pima, and Hobbs is way ahead in both.