Main Menu

Super Bowl 2023 Plans and Predictions

Started by clean, January 30, 2023, 05:24:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clean

The Super Bowl teams are set. 
Will you watch?
(will you watch for the commercials?)
Are you interested in the Half Time Show?

Will you instead watch the Puppy Bowl?

Do you have a preference for a team to win?

What Snack/ Super Food are you looking forward to imbibing/binging/partaking of on The Big Day?
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

apl68

Our Sunday evening Bible study group is talking about meeting as usual and holding our study during halftime.  We have a meal together before the study anyway, so it should work out okay time-wise.
All we like sheep have gone astray
We have each turned to his own way
And the Lord has laid upon him the guilt of us all

onehappyunicorn

I grew up near Philadelphia so I am rooting for them.
I might go watch the game with family, if I do I'll make some brisket cheese dip or something like that.

sinenomine

I also grew up just outside Philly, so I'll root for the Eagles. Given how early I teach on Mondays, I'll watch solo so I can get to bed right afterward...or earlier, if the game goes lopsided. But I suspect I'll get lots of texts from my siblings, who are far more devoted Eagles fans.
"How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks...."

ab_grp

I also grew up outside of Philly and am rooting for the Eagles (and some players in particular)! We may try to stream the game, or at least part of it, but the big Eagles (and pro football) fan in my family is my mother.  I am sure she will be watching.  I'm nowhere near that area anymore, so we don't have anything big planned.  Maybe some special snack? I could go for an excuse to have a cheesesteak, but there aren't any really worth wasting calories on in this area.  Maybe I'll make superbowl of gumbo again, since it's been a few years.  Halftime looks blah, but you never can tell.  I tried watching the Puppy Bowl once, but it was pretty boring! I'll definitely check out the commercial highlights the next day.

cathwen

I'm another one who grew up near Philly, and my husband's parents grew up near there as well, so we'll be rooting for the Eagles.  I say "we," as I'm indifferent to football (I know, that's anathema), but I rashly promised my husband that I would watch the Super Bowl with him.  My extended family will be posting enthusiastically on Facebook the whole time.  The enthusiasm will be contagious, I suppose!  I would prefer to watch the Puppy Bowl, but a promise is a promise! 

clean

Kick off SOON!
What will you be snacking on?

(What do you WISH you could be snacking on - for those with dietary or regional restrictions?)

Will there be Adult Beverages?

lightning

Super Bowl commercials are over-rated. Like any football game that I watch, I do something else during the commercials. For example, I can usually grade one assessment per commercial break or pay one bill for each commercial break or . . .

Juvenal

I thought the Super Bowel was last Sunday.  Silly me!  That's what lack of commercial TV will do to you.  And, no, you can't have my Internet connection.
Cranky septuagenarian

lilyb

Someone needs to come in and cheer for the Chiefs here, so here I am. Hometown team.

clean

anyone else enjoying The Puppy Bowl today?

apl68

We had our Bible study at half-time as planned.  We didn't have a big group, due to rampant illness, of all different kinds, locally.  Foods included some good jambalaya and grilled stuffed peppers wrapped in bacon known as "armadillo eggs."  Those are very good, though if there are still some seeds in the pepper they can be awfully potent.
All we like sheep have gone astray
We have each turned to his own way
And the Lord has laid upon him the guilt of us all

Wahoo Redux

That Gronk business was sure anticlimactic. 
Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.

lightning

Quote from: lilyb on February 12, 2023, 03:01:27 PM
Someone needs to come in and cheer for the Chiefs here, so here I am. Hometown team.

Thank you for not being obnoxious. Most Chiefs fans that I have met are obnoxious, but considering that the antics of their fans during games are case studies in cultural appropriation, I shouldn't be surprised.

The Future

Hi All:
I'm late to this conversation - sorry.  I was rooting for Rihanna!   The big winner was the ASL interpreter during the half-time show - so much enthusiasm and into the music/lyrics - a real joy to watch!   I got the time mixed up for the airing so I had to YouTube it but still wonderful to see. 
The grocery stores were busy that day, but I got some delicious Thai curry and chocolate cake to celebrate Valentine's day early :)