Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Exams Fall 2023: Ready? Then what?

Started by clean, November 26, 2023, 06:48:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clean

Final exams open next week!. 
Im ready! 

I could go to graduation this month, but I am on the May rotation because I expected to go to Florida to visit my folks.  But I got married (10/2000)  and that has created 'complications'.   As we live in the same town as my inlaws and My Bride visits very regularly, and I made it clear before the 'i dos'  that Christmas in Florida was non negotiable,  there is mental pressure...  So we have cut back the visit to about 2 weeks, from my olden days of 3 weeks +.   (we spend 10 days/2 weeks in the summer there too). 

This year, my Father in Law and Brother in Law have scheduled visits at a Big City Cancer Hospital (each for a check up) and My Bride will go.  One of her sisters will join them there too.   

Anyway, I have a paper to 2 to work on and my spring Blackboard shells need to be loaded and readied.   Too early to worry about it but we have been informed that we WILL switch to Canvas in Summer!  (All Summer classes WILL BE on Canvas.   They had initially said that it would be optional for summer and mandatory in Fall).   

So When are YOUR exams?  What are your December/ January Plans?   Are you excited? 
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

Wahoo Redux

My nuclear family is gone, sadly, but (while I am horribly homesick for my state of origin and miss my family terribly) I will not have to travel or be away from my wife and our funny little dogs.  And I am going to use the break writing----unless the Post Office calls about that job...still, I will not miss the stupid airlines or the overall stress of crossing an entire continent. 

I still hate the holidays. 
Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.

Kron3007

My exams don't end until December 14th.

I am fortunate that I landed pretty close to both my home and my partner's, so we don't have any travel planned.  My main goal for the holidays is to finish some renovations that I have been working on in my "spare time" for far to long.  This will let us move the kids' rooms around and everyone will be happier.

I have lots of work related things I could be doing, but that is not what holidays are for.  No offense to those that are using them to write etc.

paddington_bear

I still have two more weeks until finals week. :/ (The last two weeks after Thanksgiving are so pointless. Why can't we just end at Thanksgiving???) I live on the East Coast and usually go to California to visit my parents at Xmas. (Except for last Xmas, when they had Covid and I was sick, but it wasn't Covid. And the Xmas before that, because of general Covid, I think.) But since I'm on sabbatical in the spring (yay!), I'm postponing my trip until late January or February, to avoid holiday airports and weather issues. Between the end of the semester and the beginning of the new year, I want to submit two abstracts for conferences. And I've been on our campus administrative review committee this semester and I need to write up, with a colleague, the results of the review.

sinenomine

I seem to have done something bad to a registrar in a past life — I always wind up with a final on the last day possible, which this semester is December 18. I'm not making any travel plans for the holidays because we've got new leadership starting at my school in January, so I want to be available for the onslaught of meetings I expect the newcomers will set up. I have plenty of prepping to do and a research project to try to get back to. But for the week or so we're closed, I plan on some hardcore relaxation.
"How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks...."