News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

I want to spam your forum!

Started by The Villain for Testing, May 20, 2019, 09:46:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Villain for Testing

Send me lots of quatloos or I will make lots of very annoying posts on your forum, possibly IN LARGE COMIC SANS FONT

Please report me for spamming so we can do some testing.

polly_mer

Why, you Villain!  How dare you!

Forumites, please keep reporting so we can practice moderator discussion using the various tools available to us including responding to updates as more reports roll in.
Quote from: hmaria1609 on June 27, 2019, 07:07:43 PM
Do whatever you want--I'm just the background dancer in your show!

polly_mer

For those who would also like to play, go ahead.  Have fun and be tasteful.

fast_and_bulbous

It seems that in obvious cases like this, removal is straightforward and does not really require any discussion. I would simply nuke a post like that and assuming it was just bad judgment PM the person with a warning.

It's the posters who are subtle trolls that will give us the most pain, I assure you. The ones that sow division, even amongst moderators. We will get those and they will not be fun to deal with.
I wake up every morning with a healthy dose of analog delay

polly_mer

Yes, I understand that.  I still need practice with reports, editing, and which buttons to click in what order to read both the user notices and the other moderator comments.

This test isn't about whether the particular post is spam; this test is whether I can reliably get all the notices I expect, what is required for notices to fall off the first notice warning system, and to explore the various communication avenues from various stakeholders in this particular system.

I appreciate everyone's patience and willingness to participate as I come up to  speed in the system.

Thursday's_Child

Hi Polly! 
Per your request, I'm not posting spam

And, now I'm being subtle!

Lets try a little linkie since these are the new fora Wild West days:  https://xkcd.com/2152/

mamselle

Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

mamselle

Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Vkw10

Enthusiasm is not a skill set. (MH)

historywoman

AHA!  So you wish us to SPAM-A-LOT?

https://youtu.be/m9wdYy3tCm4

Here's your SPAM, Madame!

HW