News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

2020 Elections

Started by spork, June 22, 2019, 01:48:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sun_Worshiper

Looks like Biden will pass Trump in PA between 1 and 4am EST. Sorry I won't be awake to see the call and accompanying breakdown from Trump.

mamselle

An elected official is suddenly 'ashamed of the announcements coming from the WH...

You enabled the man for four years, and now you're "ashamed" he's just doing what he's been doing all along?

Hunh?

I said a year ago this could happen.

Where is your reality testing?

Hunh?

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

spork

The person is ashamed when it's convenient to be ashamed.
It's terrible writing, used to obfuscate the fact that the authors actually have nothing to say.

mahagonny

There may be other things to be ashamed of that aren't getting commented on by people who should know better. For example Charles Blow at the NYT refusing to understand how Trump could have increased his black and minority vote. The sad fact that a respected (?) newspaper has such a deluded person writing for them.

mahagonny

Speaking of things to be ashamed of here's another gem:

'As the political scientist Melanye Price wrote in October of the Trump campaign's efforts to court Black men, "Even if Black male Republican support increases in 2020, most of the responsibility for a second Trump victory will be attributable to White voters.'

from: https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/04/politics/black-voters-2020-election-donald-trump-white-nationalism/index.html

Not surprising considering 73% of Americans are white. Or anyway some 60% of us  are non-Hispanic white. Did this person take grade school arithmetic?

Gotta love CNN.

Cheerful

Biden and Harris are supposed to speak during prime time tv this evening.

mamselle

I'm just Biden my ti--ime....

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

hmaria1609

I meant to post this earlier. On Wednesday morning, my colleagues and I watched the official ballot drop box get picked up by the city.  A large work crew loaded it on to an industrial truck in less than a half-hour.

mahagonny

Quote from: hmaria1609 on November 06, 2020, 07:22:46 PM
I meant to post this earlier. On Wednesday morning, my colleagues and I watched the official ballot drop box get picked up by the city.  A large work crew loaded it on to an industrial truck in less than a half-hour.

Therefore....?

mahagonny

spork

It's terrible writing, used to obfuscate the fact that the authors actually have nothing to say.

Sun_Worshiper

There is something so satisfying about watching this election slip through Trump's fingers in slow motion, while his fans and sycophants cry and complain and twist themselves into pretzels arguing, without evidence, that the election is being stolen and/or that we should abandon democratic processes for dear leader. Of course some Republican politicians egg it on, not because they actually believe that there is fraud going on, but because they want to secure the lunatic fringe vote for 2024. But the election is effectively over, as it has been for days, since Biden will have won convincingly and insurmountably, with 306 EC votes and a massive popular vote lead.

I imagine that the networks will call it today, once PA is above the recount threshold (0.5%), but I wouldn't mind if it dragged out a bit longer.

mahagonny

Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on November 07, 2020, 07:31:44 AM
There is something so satisfying about watching this election slip through Trump's fingers in slow motion, while his fans and sycophants cry and complain and twist themselves into pretzels arguing, without evidence, that the election is being stolen and/or that we should abandon democratic processes for dear leader. Of course some Republican politicians egg it on, not because they actually believe that there is fraud going on, but because they want to secure the lunatic fringe vote for 2024. But the election is effectively over, as it has been for days, since Biden will have won convincingly and insurmountably, with 306 EC votes and a massive popular vote lead.

I imagine that the networks will call it today, once PA is above the recount threshold (0.5%), but I wouldn't mind if it dragged out a bit longer.

Well, regardless that Trump is not especially credible, the number of mail in ballots being much higher this time should guarantee some amount of controversy.

Sun_Worshiper

Quote from: mahagonny on November 07, 2020, 07:40:39 AM
Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on November 07, 2020, 07:31:44 AM

Well, regardless that Trump is not especially credible, the number of mail in ballots being much higher this time should guarantee some amount of controversy.

Controversy among people who don't understand how counting works or choose to purposely misrepresent the validity of the counting process.

EDIT: Let me add that Trump would have claimed fraud no matter how the vote counts came in, and his followers (both Republican politicians and voters) would have believed him.

Parasaurolophus

I think it's weird that media outlets are dragging their heels on the call, and I suspect it serves to lend credibility to Trump's claims. It certainly keeps hope alive for his supporters.
I know it's a genus.