News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Plagiarism at the Ivies

Started by Langue_doc, March 02, 2024, 06:35:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Langue_doc

QuoteColumbia Official Is Accused of Plagiarizing Dissertation From Wikipedia
A complaint said the official, who oversees diversity, equity and inclusion efforts at Columbia's medical school, also copied work from at least 28 other authors.

I read reports of plagiarism by the Harvard DEI in one of the local papers, but will have to look for the report and the link.

Hegemony

OMG. What is wrong with people? Just do your own work, for crying out loud.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Hegemony on March 02, 2024, 10:33:22 PMOMG. What is wrong with people? Just do your own work, for crying out loud.

It really doesn't seem that hard. Maybe it's largely endemic to certain disciplines already reputed to have lax standards? One can hope.
I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

From Wikipedia, of all places!? I'm at a loss for words.

ciao_yall

Quote from: Langue_doc on March 03, 2024, 09:29:23 AMFrom Wikipedia, of all places!? I'm at a loss for words.

Did they at least remember to edit out the little citation marks, unlike some of my students?

Hibush

Quote from: Langue_doc on March 03, 2024, 09:29:23 AMFrom Wikipedia, of all places!? I'm at a loss for words.

My first thought was that this person was the wikipedian who wrote that part of the entry. They cheked into that possibility, and alas the plagiarism is as sordid as it seems.

Langue_doc

Here's the link to the Harvard plagiarism scandal:

QuoteTop Harvard Diversity Officer Sherri Charleston Faces Plagiarism Allegations