News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ciao_yall

Sloggy one yesterday. Finally had to hit the grid to tip into GwP with mete. Got a hint from a friend for loquacious-sparky.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning! 

I also had loquacious-sparky yesterday.  So far, no 2fer today.

SB:  Yesterday was very busy so in the evening, I finally went to hints to finish.  My words were apeman/men, enema, mentee (I always miss that one!), manatee, and—embarrassingly!—team. I was so sure at had that, since I had teammate.

Today I am at QB-3, hoping for QBABM...but we'll see. 

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Just got to GN4L before quitting for the time being, but if I get the 4s I'll only have 1 word to QB.  Hopefully they are easy 4s today! Yesterday I also needed help with nametape.  That is dumb!!

I also had loquacious-sparky.  Congrats on your very different one, Langue_doc, which taught me a new word.  And congrats on another 2fer today, cathwen!

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QB yesterday with a first letter hint for the last word—icily.  Today I got to QBABM, though! 

LB:  I did not have a solution yesterday, in spite of finding many good, long words—I just couldn't make words with the remaining letters.   Today I found a 2fer fairly fast, though. 

Happy puzzling, everyone!

ciao_yall

GwP and just 3fers yesterday.

GwP this morning and barely getting started on LB.

Happy solving!

Parasaurolophus

Quick GW2P for me this morning.
I know it's a genus.

ciao_yall

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Almost there for QB. Last word yesterday was lulu.

bronchitic/caudal

Two-fer; crosswords were done last night.

Happy solving, all!

ab_grp

Good morning!

I am almost at Alpha but did get to GN4L pretty easily today, which is a nice change.  Yesterday the only one that escaped me was lulu, which I feel used to be in there a lot more often! We did have team QB, though.  I think husband was missing bulb.  I was surprised that puli wasn't last for either of us.

Congrats on the 2fer, Langue_doc, and thanks for another new word! I had childbirth among my many contenders, but I was expecting a shorter mate than the schmofficial one.  Oh well.  Congrats on your 2fers already today, cathwen, ciao_yall, and Langue_doc!

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangrams and genius. I don't think I have the energy to look for the remaining words.

Last words yesterday were updo and expo.

mango/objective

Happy solving, all!

cathwen

Good morning!

I'm at Beta with both pangrams, but I cannot foresee getting much further without hints; I'm really stuck.  I'll hang in there for a bit more, though.

Yesterday my last word was updo

LB:  I also had mango-objective.  And I found a 2fer today.

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

QBwG, last word was upped. And objective-egomania.

Today, yeah cathwen stuck at Amazing no pangram, but I found a rather unwieldy 2fer.

ab_grp

Good morning!

Not quite to alpha, but I have the pangrams.  Did get to GN4L.  Yesterday I think epode was my final one.  Husband's was updo.

Congrats on your solutions yesterday! I was hoping to find one since it sounded easy, but nothing popped out for me.  And congrats again today, cathwen and ciao_yall!

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

QBwH, but learned a new word. Several 2fers today.

ab_grp

I got a 2fer! Congrats on getting additional ones, ciao_yall! Have to get back to the bee now.