News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and well above genius. Last words yesterday were tide and tided.

zits/sunflower

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QB yesterday, last word deity.  Today I have the pangram and two words to go. 

Langue_doc, thanks for the quotations from Shakespeare illustrating yond!

LB:  I had frowzier-runlets.  I was skeptical of the second word, but a runlet is apparently a small stream.  The first word reminded me of my childhood, as my mother would call me "frowzy" when I was disheveled, or at least not neat enough to suit her.   

I found a 2fer today, but I don't like the second word (it seems iffy), so I may try for another one if I have time.

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Took me the pangram to get to genius, but I finally got there.  Not sure this will be quite as easy as yesterday.  From social medial, seems like that one might have been the easiest ever! My last word was fitted.  Husband's was fidgeted, and that was late in the game for me, too, which is kind of funny.  We both found fidgety, fidget as our first two words and then abandoned that root, I guess.

For LB I had the schmofficial sunflower-ritz.  Congrats on your different 2fer, Langue_doc!

Happy solving!

Oop just saw cathwen's.  Congrats on your other different 2fer! My mom used frowzy as well.  That is an interesting combo.  And congrats on another today! Good luck if you try for a second one.  And good luck with your final bee words!

ciao_yall

QBABM! Last word tiff. LB was zits-sunflower which I realized could also be sunflower-ritz.

ab_grp

Finally got to QBABM! Boy howdy, that was some work.  And I have a bunch of contenders but no 2fer yet.  I will keep at it. 

ciao_yall

QBwH for ovular. LB justifies-sparkish which I didn't think would take but it did.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram (whew!) and genius. Didn't think that I'd find any more words, but just added 20 or 21 points after resuming the bee on one of the computers. Last word yesterday was afoul, which I thought I had entered much earlier.

jukes/shapeshifter (found the latter first), and then justifiers/sparkish, and then realized that justifies would be more economical.

Frowzy is an apt description of dishevelment.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius with the pangram (which took a little bit).  Yesterday I was glad to get to QB after a lot of effort with last word afro.  It was also husband's last word.  Guess it hasn't been in there for a while.

No luck on LB! Darnit! Congrats on your 2fer ciao_yall, and your two or three 2fers, Langue_doc!

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

I got to QB yesterday with 1L help to find falloff.  Today I am at QB-1 and just can't find that last word.  Maybe later?

LB:  I first had justifies-sparkish, then found the "official" upshift-tearjerker.  I don't have a 2fer yet today. 

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

QBw2LL and a wild guess at logy. LB bushwhack-kempt.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QB yesterday with 1L help for, embarrassingly, hotly.  Today I'm above genius with the pangram, which took me an eternity to find. 

LB:  I also had bushwhack-kempt.  I have a 2fer today also. 

Happy puzzling!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and above genius. I don't think I'll have much time for the bee as there's still the crossword to tackle.

Missed logy and mothy--I've seen the former before.

Found bushwhack right away (remembered the bushwhacking hikes) and then the mate kempt.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Finally, finally got the pangram and to genius.  Yesterday I got to QBABM with last word otology.

No luck on LB! Again! I had some good contenders but couldn't make them work out.  Congrats on all your solutions!! And congrats on getting another today, cathwen!

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

QBwH and a new word rotatory. LB watch-hydrogen.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

QB today and also yesterday. There's only one slightly offbeat word today, but you'll get it.

Happy solving!