News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwHHH (help from hubby) - was down to my last word. He asked how to play, so I showed him I needed a CR-8 and he said "cringing?" Boom. LB nudge for quip-phytoplankton. What?

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QB yesterday, last word croci. I found nock/ing by accident. I'm finding today's to be a toughie! I finally clawed my way to genius with the pangram, though.

LB: No solution yesterday until I looked at hints and got quip-phytoplankton. I had quip and plankton, but the phyto-part escaped me. I have found a 2fer today.

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got the pangram right away, but it took forever to get to genius! I am just not seeing words today.  Yesterday we had team QB.  I needed help with cringing.

No luck on LB again!

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwH, last words unban, unman. Not sure why I didn't see them. LB has been tricky these days. I needed a nudge and made up a word for dustbowl-levin.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QBwSBB help to find alumna, numbat, and my last word, tantalum, which required not only the SBB hint, but a search for an alphabetical list of elements. Sheesh. Today I'm struggling with the last three words; I got the pangram early on, though.

LB: vestibule-endow, which was the "official" solution. I have a 2fer today also.

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Finally straggled to genius with the pangram, but it was tough today.  Yesterday we almost had team QB but were missing tantulum, numbat, and some other word I forget at the moment.

I also had the schmofficial vestibule-endow.  I agree, ciao_yall, LB has been tricky!

Happy solving!