News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Split threads

Started by Parasaurolophus, June 21, 2023, 03:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

I've begun the process of splitting up threads that are too long, so that they can be a little more accessible. (See the suggestion here). Old threads are being relegated to an archive sub-board so that they're somewhat easier to find, and so that the redirection posts don't clutter up the main page of the board.

I've started with General Discussion, and will do a few more elsewhere, on and off.

Let me know what you think. If it's a disaster, it should be easy enough to undo.
I know it's a genus.

Hibush

The Colleges in Dire Financial Straits thread seems to be doing fine as is. It is huge, but largely stays on topic and provides a familiar space for checking on the misery of the weakest schools. And perhaps identifies signals that one is, or is not, at a school in actual risk of dire straits.

dismalist

Quote from: Hibush on June 21, 2023, 06:31:21 PMThe Colleges in Dire Financial Straits thread seems to be doing fine as is. It is huge, but largely stays on topic and provides a familiar space for checking on the misery of the weakest schools. And perhaps identifies signals that one is, or is not, at a school in actual risk of dire straits.

Yeah, threads that are essentially lists, such as Dire Financial Straits and How Much Does Fuel Cost in Your neighborhood, seem perfectly viable for newcomers' participation.
That's not even wrong!
--Wolfgang Pauli