News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Why did he want to hold on to classified docs?

Started by nebo113, July 27, 2023, 05:09:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nebo113

Two low level Drump employees may go to prison to protect 45.  Why was 45 seemingly desperate to hold on to the classified documents?  I simply don't get it.

Ruralguy

I don't think its all that mysterious. The man is full of himself, and loves showing off. He thinks that anything that shows how "great" and important he is/was, was worth snatching, and of course he thought he was entitled, or could explain himself later, or whatever. I doubt he was trying to sell the stuff, especially not to foreign governments, but I bet it crossed his mind, or the minds of some of the cuckoo-birds he had working with him.

Wahoo Redux

Quote from: Ruralguy on July 27, 2023, 07:24:46 PMI don't think its all that mysterious. The man is full of himself, and loves showing off. He thinks that anything that shows how "great" and important he is/was, was worth snatching, and of course he thought he was entitled, or could explain himself later, or whatever. I doubt he was trying to sell the stuff, especially not to foreign governments, but I bet it crossed his mind, or the minds of some of the cuckoo-birds he had working with him.

I tend to agree with you...but those documents would have been worth hundreds of millions, perhaps billions, and Drumpf has proven himself willing to do questionable things in the name of money.  I am sure Putin would have loved to put his filthy mitts on whatever was stored in that Mar-a-Largo bathroom.  I wondered if Drumpf was hoping to hold those docs hostage as he is being indicted on various crimes and/or use them as leverage to escape to Mother Russia.
Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.

Ruralguy

i suppose hes capable of anything, or at least trying anything.

clean

I have 2 (or more) thoughts.
First, "Dont seek logic where there is none" 
Second, Why does anyone keep anything?  Without knowing what the items are or what they may say, it is harder to know.  What did the N Korea letter say?  The answer to what may explain the why.
Otherwise, some may simply be a mistake...  Why does an 18 month old hold your keys and scream when you take them away? 

Misunderstanding of the rules/laws (which dont apply to him anyway - in his mind)  the statements like "They are mine" .  Why does he think that they are his?  Doesnt matter/different problem, but if he thinks they ARE his, why not take them and try to keep them?    Was it a gift to 'the president' or Trump (and what is the difference - in his mind), they are his to keep and take.
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

marshwiggle

Quote from: Ruralguy on July 27, 2023, 07:24:46 PMI don't think its all that mysterious. The man is full of himself, and loves showing off. He thinks that anything that shows how "great" and important he is/was, was worth snatching, and of course he thought he was entitled, or could explain himself later, or whatever. I doubt he was trying to sell the stuff, especially not to foreign governments, but I bet it crossed his mind, or the minds of some of the cuckoo-birds he had working with him.

Absolutely.

Because. He. Could.

It takes so little to be above average.

Ruralguy

If he were working for an insurance company, a  7/11, a baseball team, or what have you, he would have been dismissed for his intolerable unprofessionalism years ago. The toddler metaphor is apt. He's a man-toddler for sure. I'll let courts decide culpability, but it certainly doesn't *look* good for him.

apl68

Yes, they were probably just meant to serve as trophies or souvenirs of office.  Still a potentially disastrous breach of protocols, customs, and laws that have very good reasons for being in place.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.