News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

What are You Listening to Now?

Started by evil_physics_witchcraft, June 06, 2020, 07:51:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

downer

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross."—Sinclair Lewis

evil_physics_witchcraft

paultuttle

The news.

Between the overwhelmed ICUs, heat waves, and storm forecasts, it's difficult to find uplifting stories.

I keep waiting for the plagues of locusts.

Oh, wait. We had those too, earlier this summer, in the Midwest.

lightning

mamselle

Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Vkw10

"Every which way but loose" is drifting over from the neighbor's patio.
Enthusiasm is not a skill set. (MH)

mamselle

Now: Two construction crews flipping houses in my block.

In an hour: My great, sweet, ADHD music student who couldn't do his lesson last night because he'd been off his meds all day (necessarily). I'm hoping he'll be ok.

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

hmaria1609

"Islands" from Putumayo Music
Featuring music from various tropical islands around the world.  This CD album has been discontinued from Putumayo; I bought it when they had a wider range of CDs available.

evil_physics_witchcraft

mamselle

This, with a cool young man playing and singing the prelude and offertory, and a message about negative drift in the North Pole that just made perfect sense in the present context.

https://www.trinitychurchboston.org/live-worship

If churchly things don't appeal to you, that's fine, but if they do, this outdoor service has been glorious the past few weeks.

M.

sinenomine

A really loud katydid. REALLY loud. Sure hope it finds a friend soon!
"How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks...."

hmaria1609

"Dark Sky Island" deluxe edition by Enya
Released in 2015. She hasn't released a new album since then.

downer

'the meat in you mouth as you savour the flavour of murder'

oh morrissey, your righteousness used to be inspirational.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross."—Sinclair Lewis

mahagonny