Author Topic: What does Fuel Cost in your Neighborhood?  (Read 15840 times)

Ruralguy

• Distinguished Senior Member
Re: What does Fuel Cost in your Neighborhood?
« Reply #435 on: January 14, 2023, 06:29:23 PM »
If you believe the internet, then winter blend is cheaper. I don't recall when they switch, but it would have happened already, and in fact happened earlier this year to get a jump on distributing cheaper gas (not sure if that really worked in the long run).  There seems to be a strong correlation between gas station posted prices and oil futures, with a delay of a 1 or 2 days.

clean

• CHE Posts: 5416
« Reply #436 on: January 19, 2023, 01:06:27 PM »
$2.99 seems to be the popular price now.  So the dip below $3 (IF you got to enjoy it with me) may be at an end! 

I may have to start a new thread "What do Eggs Cost in your neighborhood?"  It was $4.48 a dozen when I went to the store in the last few days!

Everything seems to have jumped in price!  (Everything except my pay, anyway!)

On the positive front (because I am a net saver), CD rates at my local credit union jumped to 4.68 (4.75 APY) for a 2 year CD, and I was able to move some money that had matured a few weeks ago that I delayed on committing to a cd at just 3%. 

So What is gas (and eggs and CD rates if you like) in your neighborhood these days?
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

clean

• CHE Posts: 5416
« Reply #437 on: January 25, 2023, 12:26:45 PM »
$3.09 over the last day or 2. 
As my gas gauge moves backwards from F to E, the price at the pump seems to be detecting the situation and adjusting appropriately (for the station anyway!) 
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

hmaria1609

• CHE Posts: 560
« Reply #438 on: Today at 07:26:28 PM »
$3.39 when I went to Costco this afternoon. The rest are $3.55 and up.