News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

monarda

Thanks for all the lingo!
I reached QB yesterday easily with the help of the NYT spelling be forum page (the spelling bee grid).

Looking forward to someday reaching QBABM.

Question- on the way, I didn't see any indication of beta or alpha. Is that in only certain app platforms?

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Genius--the pangram was my first word. Not sure if I'll have time to continue with the bee today as there's the crossword that needs to be completed by 6.

Happy solving, all!

cathwen

Good morning!

I am at QB-1, and the one missing word is only four letters.  I've tried all sorts of unlikely (and likely) combinations, and I just can't find it!  I'm trying for another QBABM, but I may cave.

No LB solution yet.  Yesterday I had meaningful-lovely, although lovey (as in lovey-dovey) was my first word, and I was surprised that it was accepted.  I guess we're getting away from bodice-ripper vocabulary and getting to something gentler. 

Monarda, Alpha and Beta are terms that, as far as I know, are only used here.  I think that Langue_doc? Ab_grp?ιnvented them. 

Happy puzzling, all!

cathwen

QBABM!  That last word was extremely common.  But it took a good while for me to see it.

ab_grp

Good morning/afternoon!

I have four words left to QB, got to GN4L but not Alpha yet.  Close, darn it!  Yesterday I think cynic was my last word.  Congrats on your QBABY, cathwen! I had all the four letters so was sure you would find the one you were missing but then saw your update that you had.  Yay!! And congrats on getting your QBABY and Alpha yesterday, ciao_yall and Parasaurolophus!

And congrats on the LB solution! No luck there again for me.

Good luck on the crossword, Langue_doc! The NW was hardest for me today. 

Got to get on sudokus, as they also change over early today, and I have another call with a friend mid-day.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

SB - Genius already.

LB has been tricky lately. I had plenty of 3fers including volume-elm-magnify, veil-lounging-gamify, fuel-loving-gamy which were close but finally needed a hint to get meaningful-lovely.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Langue_doc

QB and two-fer! There's still the crossword to tackle. The two-fer surprised me as there were run-of-the-mill words

Did the four-letter word remind you of "pregnant"?

ab_grp, it's always nice to have long chats with friends.

ab_grp

Congrats on your QBABY, Langue_doc, and your 2fers, Langue_doc and cathwen! It would be great if you could both send some brain waves out to help in solving those puzzles.   I know I could use them now that you don't need them anymore today!

Langue_doc, it is great to be able to chat! Yesterday were two friends and mentors, ex-colleagues, I've known for about 20 years.  Today is a friend I've had since middle school! All very interesting ladies leading interesting lives.

onthefringe

cathwen and langue_doc congrats on today's 2fers. Mine yesterday was funloving-gamely but no luck so far today. Happy solving everyone!

Langue_doc

ab_grp, onthefringe, and ciao_yall, sending PM. Open only if you're still stuck on LB.

ab_grp

Got to QBABM! Yeah!!

And thank you for the hint for LB, Langue_doc! I will try at it for a while but am happy to have it in reserve just in case.  I will take an assisted victory if need be!

Congrats on your alternative 2fer yesterday, onthefringe!

ciao_yall

Thanks Langue_doc for the hint! Not there yet, but did finally find a 3fer.

ab_grp

I got a 2fer! And then checked the hint from Langue_doc (thanks again!).  I am almost 100% one word is the same, not totally sure about the other, so we'll see!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

QB already! Familiar words all.

productive/elk

Happy solving, all!