News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ciao_yall

2fer as well. Long word but easy nonetheless.

QB. Probably could have done it ABM but I wasn't in the mood.

Parasaurolophus

Struggled to get the pangram today because, no matter what anyone here says, that's not how you spell it.
I know it's a genus.

ciao_yall

Morning!

QB - once I start finding odd words like peaky I figure it's time to get a hint from the spelling bee forum. Where I find out I was missing papaya gah! and peke (another strange animal word.)

LB - judgemental-low - did anyone get anything else? I found it even before finding a 3fer.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QB yesterday came pretty easily, except for the last word, which was cheep.  I got peke just by chance. 

Parasaurolophus, was paycheck problematic because it was written as one word, or because it's cheque in Canada?  SB doesn't accept -our endings, either, where we have -or in the US.

Today's SB has been a real struggle.  It took me ages to even get to genius.  I foresee Wordplay in my future.

LB:  I also had the "official" judgmental-low.  I have a 2fer today also.

Happy puzzling, everyone!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Only 2 more words to QB, and I know how long they are based on points left, but argh.  Got to GN4L and Alpha, at least.  Will try more later.  There are some bee words and one that I happened upon that I don't think I've seen before?  My final words yesterday were peke, papacy.

I got the same LB solution and am just happy to have found one and without too much difficulty! Hopefully that will be the start of a streak (probably not).  Congrats on your 2fer today, cathwen!

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Afternoon!

Had to leave early for an appointment, so haven't made much progress on the puzzles today.

judgmental/low

You say paycheck, I say paycheque! Here in the US, demanding one's paycheque or writing a cheque would elicit some raised eyebrows.

Crosswords were done last night.

ab_grp

I made it to QBABM after some more guessing of words that seemed sort of familiar.  Husband is still working at it, though he finally got the pangram.  It took me a while, too.  I'm wondering if most folks found it easily or struggled? In any case, chequemate.  ;-)

Parasaurolophus

cathwen: yes, because it should be 'cheque'. 'Check' is one Americanism I simply cannot abide!
I know it's a genus.

ciao_yall

QB WATHICG. Learned some new words.

Have lots of 3fers and a 2fer b4ss but not ready to give up on LB yet.

cathwen

Also QB WATHICG for the last three words.  I should have figured out one of them, but the other two were a word I didn't know, and a word with a spelling I would have thought wrong.

Speaking of spelling:  Parasaurolophus, having grown up in the US, I accept check as a fine and dandy spelling.  But I will admit that cheque is far more elegant!  I also like the -our ending, as it recalls the Norman French origins. 

ab_grp

ciao_yall

WOW! I finally got a hint for my 2fer. Not sure I would have gotten it on my own.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Difficult bee yesterday, but found the pangram eventually. Remembered peahen from an earlier bee, which helped.

Sailed into genius with the pangram, but that's probably it for today as I have a long day ahead.

warmup/politics

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

Well, pawl was a new word for me yesterday.  But papaw?  I had always seen it spelled pawpaw (as in 'way down yonder in the pawpaw patch').  Now I know!

Today I am at genius with the pangram, and foresee a struggle to get much further. 

LB:  I also had warmup-politics.  No 2fer yet today.

Happy puzzling!

ETA:  2fer!    But no further progress on SB.

ciao_yall

Morning!

QB - also pawl, papaw were new words for me.

LB - with a hint got warmups-solicits. Never think of that as one word. I kept seeing wampum, b4ss. Also had corporals-swimsuit bfss, plus other good 3fers tums-sprawl-localism, curious-sprawl-limit, maws-soup-practical...

Happy solving!