News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ab_grp

Got a 2fer! Congrats on yours, cathwen!

Husband got to QBABH, but I am still stuck on my word.  I don't want to compare or look at Shunn yet.  He had a different final word based on length, so hopefully I can figure it out.

OneMoreYear

Took quick break from grading and got a quick 2fer on LB. I wonder if there are multiple solutions today.
No time to get through the spelling bee today. I hope you found your word ab_grp.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and genius today; QB yesterday.

convenient/tabular; unconventional/labrat (also libra)

Crossword still needs to be completed; other than that, probably no more puzzling today.

Happy solving, all!

cathwen

Good morning! 

I got to QB-2 yesterday, the missed words being fête and faucet..  Today I am at genius with both pangrams. 

As for LB, I had vulcanic-calibration yesterday.  No solution yet today, though!

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

Morning!

SB - Stopped at genius. Didn't get fluctuate and a few others.

LB - vibrational-lucent practically on the first try, and later cultivation-nebular, lucrative-ebon.

Happy solving!

onthefringe

Quote from: ciao_yall on October 20, 2021, 07:24:29 AM
Morning!

SB - Stopped at genius. Didn't get fluctuate and a few others.

LB - vibrational-lucent practically on the first try, and later cultivation-nebular, lucrative-ebon.

Happy solving!

Great jobs all! Yesterday looks like a good day for multiple solutions — mine was cobaltic-curvilinear

ab_grp

Good morning!

Finally got the second pangram and Alpha but still 5 more words to go.  Husband still has a pangram to find plus a bunch of others.  Thanks for the good wishes, OneMoreYear! I did get the final word yesterday, which was faucet.  Not sure why that one took so long.

I had vacation-nebular yesterday, so still not the schmofficial solution.  Lots of solutions!

I've got two long calls this afternoon, with one other person and with two other people, so not much time to do puzzles (or anything else)! I'm going to try to get my sudokus in this morning and hopefully have more bee luck later and will see about LB, though I'm skeptical if cathwen hasn't already found a solution!

Happy solving!

OneMoreYear

Yesterday, my 2fer was brace  / evolution
So many solutions!
No puzzling today, possibly the rest of work week. I'm impressed at those ofyou who can puzzle consistently daily.

cathwen

ciao_yall

Quote from: cathwen on October 20, 2021, 01:20:55 PM
Finally got a 2fer!

Wow! I have genius with 2 pangrams and lots of 3fers. And a night class to teach...

ab_grp

Finally got to QB.  We had team QB, each down to one word of different lengths and finally ended up comparing our first letters.  We eventually got our final words, so impure. 

Congrats on your 2fer, cathwen! Finally done with meetings so will give it a try.

OneMoreYear, my husband and I do our puzzling mostly during coffee in the morning and then just on breaks throughout the day, though I keep expanding into other puzzles.  At first it was just the crossword, then the bee was added, then LB I think, then sudokus... hopefully they won't come out with any more! I probably have more free time than others here do, currently, though I should probably use it more wisely.  Not sure that solving puzzles really counts as productivity, no matter how much I try to rationalize it. ;-)

cathwen

Good morning!

QB yesterday with help for first two letters.  Last word was coact.

Today I am at genius with the pangram.

LB:  I had the "official" solution yesterday:  franc-cryptograms.  I found a 2fer today, too.

OneMoreYear, I have some puzzling time because I am in semi-retirement, teaching only one online asynchronous course per semester.  I don't think I could manage the puzzles if I were working too much more!  Or at least, not every day!

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

Morning!

SB - Genius with both pangrams.

LB - Well now I don't feel so badly for only getting 3fers. That was a tough one! 3fers included:

graft-tampons-scary
fogs-scrap-promontory
fop-programs-scanty

Happy solving! Yoga, grading, and other stuff.

ETA Genius with pangram, 3fer with a clinical term.

Langue_doc

Afternoon!

Well above genius with a pangram.

I'm finding Spelling Bee's insistence on "hand-curating" words and their coyness in refusing to have any rationale behind their word choices to be rather childish and unprofessional because they accept dammit and gonna, but not words that are commonly used and which one can find in the NY Times.

Meetings and grading, and an early morning tomorrow, so I might not get back to the fora today. There's also the crossword to be completed.

Happy solving, all!

ciao_yall