News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ciao_yall

GWP, 2fer and a few 2fer b4ss solutions. All is well.

Parasaurolophus

One point short of genius today, but I'll get there. Grrr.
I know it's a genus.

ab_grp

Had to get some help for the final bee word again.  Not a difficult one.  I even remembered a few I had missed before! Oh well.

Lots of good LB contenders that almost fit, so I hope to make that work soon.  I don't think husband will be home from work for two hours or so, so might as well use them wisely.

Finally got a 2fer! Not a super interesting one, so I will keep looking while I have time.

Langue_doc

Easy pangram, but difficult climb to genius.

QB yesterday.

undergrowth/heritage

Tons of grading, so that's it for puzzles.

Happy solving, all!

cathwen

Good morning!

Genius with two pangrams.  Yesterday, my last word was tinct, which I usually get fairly fast!

LB yesterday was underwriter-roadhog.. In spite of many really good words, I have not managed to find a 2fer yet today. 

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

Morning!

SB - Back to cheerfully underachieving at GWP.

LB - audited-downright and 2 b4ss wearied-doughnut, rundown-naughtier .

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Haven't gotten very far, as husband had to go back in despite getting home at nearly 9:30.  Ugh!! I will work on it myself since there is no telling how long he will be gone today.  I think I only have one pangram so far and definitely need more coffee.  Yesterday my final word was inanity.

For LB I had undergrowth-highwater but was trying to get a more interesting one with other contenders.  Lots of different solutions again!

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

I just realized that I  had both pangrams this morning, so there's no hope of a bonus 14 points to help me get to QB.

I prefer 'highwater' to 'heritage' as the former goes with 'undergrowth' and is also much more interesting, as in "come h&ll or highwater". Incidentally autocorrect keeps correcting the word (two words), which means that the puzzle setters should be consulting dictionaries.

ab_grp

Finally got to GN4L with the help of the second pangram, but I still have a couple words to go and am just chipping away at it here and there. 

Langue_doc, that always bugs me too, that the "words" that they think are acceptable are not according to dictionaries, and the words they do not accept are.  Someone pointed out that the schmofficial solution includes undaunted, which could be taken as a wink from Sam at his massive failure to include that in the bee a bit back.

onthefringe

Love yesterday's many answers. Mine was unwithered-dowager which is not effecient, but is sort of pseudo-meaningful. No luck yet today, but not much time put in either.

ab_grp

That's another good one, onthefringe!

I am down to one word to QB and have a few LB contenders, but nothing great.

ab_grp

Got to QBABM! I was about to give up hope.  Still no 2fers, though.  And it took me about 5 times of doing the hard sudoku because I kept making a particular mistake.  Argh.

Parasaurolophus

Two pangrams and one point short of genius again.
I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and above genius so far. I think that might be all the puzzling I'm doing today.

QB yesterday. Last words were tutti and circuit.

Couldn't find a mate for radicalize(d).

Happy solving, all!

cathwen

Good morning!

I'm at Beta with the pangram this morning, but now I'm stuck.   Yesterday I got to QB, but with help from WP.  My last words were inurn and tutti.  Ab_grp, congratulations on QBABY!

LB:  I had pelvic, but did not see czardom.  Like Langue_doc, I was trying to make a 2fer with radicalize(d) as well as polemicize(d), but had no success.  Today, however, I got a 2fer on my very first try!  That almost never happens.

Onthefringe, I really like your 2fer from the other day!  Good find.  Lots of good answers for that one.

Happy puzzling!