News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cathwen

Good morning!

I'm at QB-1, lacking one 7L word that I just cannot find for the life of me.  I am hoping for a flash of brilliance before I resort to hints.

Yesterday's SB:  I had heme and hamate as my final words (found with 2-letter hints). 

LB:  Interesting variety so far!  My solution was the "official" one—fountain-normalcy. I have 2fer today as well.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Two more words to QB.  Cathwen, sounds as though you and I have a team QB, as mine add up to 7.  Hope we both find our remaining word(s)! We didn't sleep well, as there was another work emergency late last night. Blerg.  Ciao_yall, I also tried those words! I think my final ones were mahatma, hamlet.  Very glad to have found the former since it has escaped me before.  The other should probably have come sooner.

I had factorial-luminary.  Different solutions again! Congrats on your 2fer today, cathwen!

Happy solving! Argh husband has to go in again..............

Happy solving!

Parasaurolophus

Metalhead is definitely a word. Ask any headbanger! (So is hathead, though, so...)

I just made it past genius in the end. Haven't gotten far with today's yet.
I know it's a genus.

ab_grp

Well, we each gave up on our final words (4 letters each) and compared first letters so a team QB and impure QBs on our own.  I am ready to keel over from exhaustion.  I hope the work crises are over for now.  On to LB...

Husband has his booster scheduled for Tuesday! Not sure if he will also get the flu shot at the same time.

onthefringe

Great one ab_grp. I shared mine with Langue_doc yesterday. No 2fer yet today here

ciao_yall

No 2fer here yet, either. 3fer and a 4fer with such an awesome word that I had to save it so I wouldn't forget it.

OneMoreYear

Had the official 2fer yesterday, and I found a 2fer today. My brain is now mush so no bee today.
Looking forward to ciao_yall's most awesome word!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Genius and then pangram. I need another 10-12 points, but I've probably found all the words I can.

Missed ballboy yesterday, even though I've seen it in previous puzzles.

Happy solving, all!

ETA: QB!

ciao_yall

Morning!

SB - GWP.

LB - 3fer various-sparks-sext so close but no cigar. My awesome 4fer was spouse-erk-kiva-aviatrix.

Anyway, happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QBABM yesterday—the final word that was confounding me turned out to be loyally, which I should have seen way earlier, as I had loyal early on. 

Not only that...but I got to QBABM today as well. 

LB:  I had the "official" vexatious-spark.  No 2fer yet today, though, in spite of some good words. 

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning/afternoon!

We also got to QBABM/H pretty quickly, which was nice! I was afraid the final couple words would be difficult ones, but no issue.  I think abloom was one of my final ones, but I needed first letter help to find amyl, which has definitely been in there but just didn't pop out.  Husband's was mayo.  At least he got mama this time, because out of that, mamma, momma he always tends to miss one.

No luck on LB, so congrats, cathwen and OneMoreYear! Interested to hear if OneMoreYear's was also the schmofficial one.  Nice 4fer, ciao_yall! And congrats again today, cathwen! And thanks to onthefringe about my LB from the other day.  It seemed to come together pretty cleanly, and I am always happy to have math/stat terms included!

Crosswords have seemed easier than usual for a Thursday and Friday.  That could mean trouble tomorrow!

Happy solving!

OneMoreYear

Yeah, nothing exciting to report here. My LB yesterday was the smofficial one. I like ciao_yall's awesome 4fer better.
No puzzling today or likely this weekend for me, as I'm on a grading binge, and need all of my brain power for that. 

ab_grp

OneMoreYear, a solution is a solution! Some days it seems as if there is really only one out there, so at least you found it.  Good luck with grading!

ciao_yall

Not much to report here from yesteday. GWP, and never did find a 2fer. Yikes, not sure I would have found it, either!

Let's see how today goes.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

All three pangrams and easy QB.

Last word yesterday was lilt.

Crosswords are done--they seem to be getting easier by the week.

Happy solving, all!