Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ciao_yall

ab_grp

Congrats, ciao_yall!

Langue_doc, I hope you have safe travels and a wonderful Thanksgiving visit if you don't get a chance to check in!

Langue_doc

Thanks, ab_grp. Happy Thanksgiving to you too.

Happy Thanksgiving, all! Good company and good food, in that order.

I might pop in later in the week. I'm not sure how much time I'll have tomorrow morning as I'll have to pack the laptop and kindle and also the chargers.

Parasaurolophus

Whew, GWP. Easy pangram, but it eluded me for a while.
I know it's a genus.

ciao_yall

QBwG2LL (Queen Bee with Grid, 2 Letter List).

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and amazing. Tricky one today.

frights/squeak

Happy Thanksgiving!

cathwen

Good morning!

I also had frights-squeak.  I found a 2fer today, too.

SB stands at genius with pangram, but it took a good while to get there.  I am not sure I have the wherewithal to continue much further.  Too much to do today!

Langue_doc, safe travels, and enjoy the good company and good food!  Happy Thanksgiving to all!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QB -  last word was fiat. Also tried fatted which didn't take, so I didn't bother with defat, defatted until the very end.

LB - frights-squeak. I also found earthquake but couldn't make a 2fer out of it.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Man, today is tough!! I have the pangram but am a bit shy of genius.  I'm still trying for GN4L, but it is frustrating.  I think defat, defatted were my final ones yesterday.

For LB, I had frights-seaquake.  I had also though earthquakes was the way to go but had to partially abandon it.  You all had a much more parsimonious solution! Congrats on your 2fer today, cathwen!

Cathwen, if you are also not going to be around tomorrow, I hope you have a happy Thanksgiving!

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

GwP and 2fer. Okay, back to potching for T-Day and grading.

ab_grp

Congrats on the 2fer, ciao_yall! I just took a look and have a contender but haven't gotten further than that.

Finally did get GN4L.  Still short of Alpha, but whew.

ciao_yall

It's a strange 2fer but pretty clean. Sam didn't leave us much room with the J, did he?

ab_grp

Thanks for the info about the solution! I am going to try to get back to it here in a sec.  My contender doesn't use the J, and I haven't figured out what to do with that yet.

Did finally get to very impure QB with Shunn's help for the last 5 or so words.  I thought this was a really tough puzzle.  Even with Shunn it took me forever to find at least three of them.  Husband is still working on two more words.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: ab_grp on November 24, 2021, 08:56:19 AM
Good morning!

Man, today is tough!! I have the pangram but am a bit shy of genius.  I'm still trying for GN4L, but it is frustrating.  I think defat, defatted were my final ones yesterday.

Yeah, I don't buy defat and defatted, personally.

But I'm also shy of genius. Pangramless for now, too. Oof.
I know it's a genus.

ab_grp

Parasaurolophus, I wasn't super thrilled about those words, either.  Good luck with the pangram! There were a couple words not accepted today that I thought should have been as well.

I've got some more good LB contenders, but so far the closest I have come is ships.  Onward!