Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

ciao_yall

ab_grp

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and above genius. I think that's it for today.

Easy two-fer.

Last word yesterday was vitamin.

database/enormity; demons/sybarite. Couldn't find mates for dromedary or martyr.

Happy solving, all!

ciao_yall

Morning!

SB - GwP yesterday. Never think of anti as a word by itself.

LB - bombard-density which was schmofficial. So this is what it's like to be basic.

Happy solving!

ETA: GwP and a quick messy 2fer.

cathwen

Good morning!

Genius with pangram so far.  Yesterday my final words were manta and tatami, both of which I usually get.

LB yesterday was bombardment-trisomy, a word I'd remembered from a genetics course.  Langue_doc, congratulations on having found two solutions, both different from the "official" one and from mine!  I wonder what other solutions people have found?

I found a 2fer today, too.

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning/afternoon!

I have three more words to QB but got to Alpha.  Yesterday my final one was aviation.

For LB, I had so many contenders that got close but didn't yield mates.  Finally thought bimbos-sedentary, and it wouldn't take the former.  Husband suggested bambinos, which did work, so I guess team LB for us.  I still think mine should have been accepted, though they don't accept bimbo in the bee, either.  But why accept bambino? Just glad something finally worked out.  Congrats on the myriad other ingenious solutions that were found! None of them had any of my contenders, so I guess it's good I moved on. Congrats on your 2fers today, Langue_doc, ciao_yall, and cathwen! Hopefully I will find one.

I have a longish call with friends today, so we'll see what I get to.

Happy solving!

ETA: Had to fix the order of my LB solution words.  Need more coffee.

ab_grp

Finally got around to LB and got a 2fer! And we both made it to impure QBs, needing help on the (same) final word.

Parasaurolophus

GWPRP  (GWP + rejected pangram).
I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Saw the pangram right away, and made it to genius.

Last word yesterday was hind, which I thought I had already entered. Remembered dhoti from an earlier puzzle.

famished/drunk--I prefer my solution to that of the NYT.

Happy solving, all!

ciao_yall

Morning!

SB - GwP, then saw there was a second one. Sorry, but goodnight is not a proper compound.

LB - underframes-shirk. Agreed, Langue_doc.

cathwen

Good morning!

My last word yesterday was hoodoo, which I always seem to miss, or not see until near the end.  Ciao_yall, I agree about goodnight.  I've never seen it written as a compound word.

Today I am at QB-2, both words four letters long.  Hoping for QBABM—four-letter words should be easy, but often they are not, especially if they involve aquatic life.

LB:  Lots of solutions!  Langue_doc, I like your solution way better than the "official" one, and yours, too, ciao_yall.  Mine was mudfishes-snark.  I have a 2fer today, too.

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

GWP and a word that uses all 3 vowels in LB that I just gotta make a 2fer out of!

Langue_doc

I was surprised that goodnight was accepted, but according to spellcheck and Grammarly, it's considered to be a word, as in "Goodnight Moon".

Only five or six more points to go!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to QBABM! Good luck! Yesterday dhoti was the one I needed the first letter for, but then it didn't take too long.  There aren't a lot of 5-letter words that can have a d and an h, and I sort of remembered it from previous puzzles.  Goodnight was the second pangram for both of us and took a while.

I had the same solution as Langue_doc and think it's a great one! The schmofficial one is blah.  I like all the solutions here better.  Congrats on getting one today, cathwen! Ciao_yall, sounds like you are close!!

Happy solving!