Previous topic - Next topic

cathwen

Yippy!  Just got to QBABM!

ab_grp

Parasaurolophus

Four one-pointers short of QB. Hmmm...
I know it's a genus.

ciao_yall

Two 2fers, but one word is an anagram of the other so is that really 1.5?

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and a couple of points left for genius.

QB yesterday. gulps/snowbird

Taking the car to the shop. All of a sudden, the backup camera is blurry. I also realized that although both key fobs work, only one of them can manually open the door in case of a dead battery. I'm glad that I had scheduled this appointment before the dead battery incident.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

Genius with pangram. 

Yesterday's LB was kind of sinister—subworld-doping.  I was surprised that subworld was accepted, though.  No 2fer yet today.

Langue_doc, good luck with the car!  I hope the backup camera issue is nothing more than water droplets on it, or something like that.

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

Morning!

SB - GwP. ribby?

LB - gulps-snowbird, plugs-snowbird. I really wanted to find a 2fer out of unibrows-spuds-snug but 'twas not to be.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

I still have some points left to genius, still trying for GN4L but not faring well from lack of sleep.  Ribby was one of my final ones yesterday as well. 

I also had the schmofficial 2fer.  Cathwen, yours definitely sounds edgy!

Good luck with your car, Langue_doc.  I hope it's nothing big and is easily fixed.  Good that you have at least one key fob that works without the battery.  Does the other need to be fixed, or do you just have to depend on one? And can you tell which one?

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Finally made it to GN4L after getting one of my three remaining non-4s.  Got the 4s, then had to compare for my final two words and husband's one.  At least we had team QB and finally got our words.  Ugh!!

Now back to LB, where I have had limited contender success.

ciao_yall

SB - GwP.

LB - 2fer b4ss and a 2fer except the program wouldn't take the word even though it is a legit word. Victory? IDK.

ab_grp

Finally got a 2fer! Real words, too.  Long words, though.  I'm sure there might be a more parsimonious solution.

cathwen

Good morning!

Finally got QB yesterday, although I needed a hint for the last word:  Manhattan.  A place, but also my mother-in-law's favorite drink.  Today I am at genius with one of the pangrams; apparently, there are two.

LB:  Infold-detachable.  I found a 2fer today as well.

Congratulations on various successes yesterday!  I'm looking forward to seeing what other LB solutions were.

Happy puzzling!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and genius so far. I didn't realize that there were two pangrams.

confident/teachable

I wasn't too happy about naphtha being rejected.

As for the car, it was fortuitous that the battery died after I got home as the key in the fob I normally use was not cut for my car. It was also fortuitous that the service place mistakenly told me that the tires needed to be rotated (I called them because the service light came on). I drive all the way across town because the shop, attached to the dealer's lot is trustworthy and also because I got the car, used, from this dealer a couple of years ago. They were quite apologetic about giving me the wrong key, and after a few routine calls, cut me the right key. It also turned out that because I haven't been driving much, I didn't need the tires to be rotated, so they did the usual checking of the brakes and fluids, and sent me home with the right key and no charge for the checkup. If the battery had died on me anywhere else, I wouldn't have been able to open the door as the spare fob/key which had been cut for the car would have been at home. Now I know that I have the correct keys and also know where the keys are hidden in the fobs and also how to check to see whether the problem is the car battery or those in the fobs. Technology!!!

Happy solving, all!

ETA: cathwen, you always get the two-fer and one that's unique and original.

Parasaurolophus

Manhattan and Ottoman seem like gross violations of the proper noun rule, especially given other cases they don't accept.
I know it's a genus.

ab_grp

Good morning!

We each have about 8 words left to QB but found both pangrams.  The second one took a bit.  Yesterday manhattan was my final word.  I remember being irked about panama when we played it for the first time.  They seem very inconsistent about which proper nouns that have become used as non-proper nouns will be accepted.  Of course there are other normal words they aren't accepting today.

For LB, mine is similar to Langue_doc's.  I had come upon teachable but couldn't find a mate, though now it appears I could have because I then settled on confident-tablecloth (finding the latter first).  No schmofficial solutions (yet)! Congrats on getting another one today, cathwen!

Langue_doc, it is great to have things work out like that, and I'm glad they did.  Often, timing just seems to be wrong, leading to a domino effect of bad happenstances.  I'm very happy the fates were on your side!

Happy solving!