Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ciao_yall

Quote from: onthefringe on December 04, 2021, 09:08:51 AM
Quote from: Parasaurolophus on December 04, 2021, 08:35:50 AM
I found both pangrams yesterday, but didn't quite crack genius.

But... I want to complain about 'brad'.

Because it was accepted or it wasn't?

For some reason this triggered this

LOLOL!

cathwen

Good afternoon!

Beta with pangram, which was my very first word.  Yesterday my last word was mitten, of all things. 

LB:  Like Langue_doc, I had tapeworms-snifter.  Drinking brandy to kill the worms?  Ab_grp, I learned a new word today—I had never heard of frows.   I have a 2fer today.

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Quote from: ciao_yall on December 05, 2021, 09:52:32 AM
Quote from: ab_grp on December 05, 2021, 08:39:28 AM
Good morning!

One word to go to QB.  Yesterday I think tenement, mizzen were my final two.

My 2fer was frows-spearmint.  I ended up just trying the former.  It's apparently a front row at a fashion show.  ? I like your solution, Langue_doc!

Happy solving!

GwP and quick 2fer this morning.

ab_grp I found frows as well but not spearmint. I thought it had something to do with being frowsy like frumpy. Or frumpy and blowsy? Is that possible?

I thought frowsy was a word but not frows.  Just looked it up, but it's apparently frowzy that is akin to frumpy.  Always worth trying something, I guess.

Congrats to you and to cathwen on your 2fers! Still chipping away at it as I get time. 

Parasaurolophus

I'm looking to buy myself a frow, actually...

I started out well, but ultimately fell two points short of GWP. Grrr.
I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and above genius.

Last word yesterday was techy.

marquis/shadowy

I'm sure I've seen this pair before.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

Just about the same as Langue_doc.  Above genius with pangram.

Yesterday my last two words were yecch (really?) and tetchy.  Is tetchy dialectal?  Perhaps western or southern speech? 

For LB, I also had marquis-shadowy.  I found a 2fer today as well.

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

Morning!

SB - QBWG2LL. Last word was thence. This morning, GwP already. Might be another P hanging in there but not sure.

LB - marquis-shadowy as well. Not much progress yet but should get there.

ab_grp

Good morning!

We each got to QBABO! I was very nearly to genius when I finally figured out the pangram.  Yesterday I had trouble remembering yecch, and I think tetchy was not too far behind.

Argh about LB! I thought of marquesa, but there was no e, and marquis never occurred to me! Congrats on the solutions and on another 2fer today, cathwen!

Happy solving!

monarda

I think it's cool how our last words are often the same [pesky] ones. Yesterday's last ones were tetchy and yecch here, too.

ciao_yall

Strange 2fer. Pretty clean.

ab_grp

I can't believe I have been sitting on a 2fer all day.  I just looked down at my notepad and saw that one contender and the one after it make a 2fer.  I'm sure the second one was suggested to me by the remaining letters from the first.  Well, glad I finally noticed! Normal words, too.

Parasaurolophus

Genius without the pangram.
I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and genius.

Last word yesterday was weenie. Found the pangram without much trouble by indiscriminately adding suffixes to words. But windmilled!?

hardtop/plinked

Happy solving, all!

cathwen

Good morning!

Genius with pangram.  Yesterday my last words were wield and wielded.  I was disappointed that wildmen was not accepted.

LB:  I had kindhearted-droplet.  I have found a 2fer today, also.

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

Morning!

SB - QBw2LL. Last words were weenie, wienie as well as widen, widened. Quick GwP this morning.

LB - hardtop-plinked. 2fer this morning with a word I thought was French but it took. Thank you, fora, for reminding me to try everything!

Happy solving!