News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwG, last word was tingeing. Today I finally tipped into genius - Wow lots of words!

LB - coxswains-splicer as well. I did find lexicon earlier but then saw coxswains and that was the new direction. Quick 2fer this morning.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

That's funny that we ended up with the same 2fer yesterday, ciao_yall! Congrats on another one today!

As for the bee, I apparently have 5 pangrams but still have a ways to go (twelve more words including the sixth pangram).

ab_grp

Finally got a 2fer!

Langue_doc, that's interesting that there's so much information in the patient portal! I hope you are feeling better after a day of recuperation.

Parasaurolophus

I fou d all five pangrams, but alas am still 28 short of genius.
I know it's a genus.

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius but no pangram yet.  Yesterday we didn't make it to team QB, missing picot, alcopop.  The sixth pangram I was "missing" was political, which I thought I had given all the other similar words I had.  Oh well!

For LB, I got joule-emphatic, which appears to be schmofficial.  I'll take it.  Hopefully I can get one today.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

QBwH, learned a new word occipital and was reminded of a few bee specials such as catalpa, papilla, pitapat, politico.

LB was joule-empathic.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good afternoon!

Yesterday was not a good Bee day for me, as I came down with a mild flu-like illness Friday and found it hard to concentrate. (Covid test was negative...and feeling a lot better today.)  Looking at the words I missed, I should/could have gotten most of them except for alcopop.  I didn't even know that was a thing! 

Today I am at Alpha.  It took me a a good, long time, but I did get the pangram eventually. 

LB:  I also had joule-empathic.  I have a 2fer today, too. 

Happy puzzling!

Langue_doc

Afternoon!

Around 30 points left; the letters have to be in the right configuration to find the pangram.

Made it to QB, but had to resort to the hints for the last word, alcopop. I thought that I was an ignoramus for not knowing this word, so it's a relief that this is not in everyone's vocabulary.

joule/emphatic

ab_grp, I am most appreciative of our patient portal. You get responses to your questions the same day; your test results are also uploaded as soon as the practice receives them.

cathwen, sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well. I can relate to the brain fuzziness symptoms. Glad that you are feeling better today, and even more glad that the Covid test is negative.

I'm still having flu-like symptoms, but I think I'm getting better. A major indicator of illness for me is the lack of any desire for coffee which is usually the first thing I consume as soon as I'm out of bed. Today is my third day of drinking tea in the morning instead of the usual coffee.

ab_grp

Got a 2fer! Still no pangram.

Cathwen, I'm sorry to hear you've been feeling ill but am glad you are feeling better and that it doesn't appear to be covid.  Congrats on your 2fers yesterday and today!

Langue_doc, I am a big fan of patient portals, too.  I want access to my info! And right away! And to be able to review it or download it later.  Congrats on your 2fer! And I had no idea about alcopop.  Husband got that one.  I think I remember it being in there once before, and I didn't care for it then, either.  I'm sure I will miss it next time as well.  I hope you continue to feel better and wake up wanting coffee tomorrow!

Langue_doc

Happy Fourh!

Genius and then the pangram. Last word yesterday was unban--didn't think it was a legit word, but tried it in desperation.

neurological/lamb; carbuncle/ergonomic (the reverse order also works)

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

Genius with pangram this morning, but currently stumped.  Yesterday I needed help for the last word, attaboy, which I should have remembered from previous puzzles.

LB:  I had monogamic-crumble and uncage-embroil.  Lots of answers this time!  And I have a 2fer today.

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

QBwH, a friend and I traded lists and he had buyout, then needed a reminder for banyan.

LB neurological-limb, neurological-lamb.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

I think I have 4 words left today, so at genius with pangram.  I think I'm about 2 points shy of alpha.  I also had unban as one of my last words.  We did have team QB, at least!

For LB, I had microbial-lunge, so yet another solution! That was an interesting puzzle.  Congrats on all of your solutions and on another today, cathwen!

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Yay! Got to QB! I don't think any of the words were super difficult.

I have some LB contenders but have not had any further luck there, yet.

ab_grp

Finally got a 2fer!  I was just about ready to pack it in for the evening.