News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

What does Fuel Cost in your Neighborhood?

Started by clean, June 18, 2019, 11:43:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clean

Visited my parents.  Central Florida was about 4.59 on 5/24/2022.
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

hmaria1609

$4.38 when I went to Costco this afternoon. (Ditto for Sam's Club) $4.47 and up at the other gas stations

clean

filled up today at $4.01

What is your Memorial fuel price?

clean

Fueled up yesterday.  Today I am seeing prices as low as 3.99, but most are higher!  Many seem to be closer to 4.19, even when they were just 4.07 or so just yesterday!

OneMoreYear

$4.57 

My really old car gets 22 mpg, so my-hour long commute is ridiculously expensive currently.

evil_physics_witchcraft

I saw it for $4.19/gallon, but I had a 20 cent/gallon off reward, so I filled up for $3.99/gallon. That's the cheapest I've seen around here.

hmaria1609

From WTOP Radio online: Prices continue to rise and no relief in sight
https://wtop.com/consumer-news/2022/06/gas-prices-hit-all-time-highs-with-no-relief-in-sight/
Scroll past ad breaks to read full article.

apl68

Over four dollars here now, in a state which has historically had some of the lowest gas prices in the nation.  And still does--it's just that the low is a lot higher now. 

I know one staff member who has curtailed her already limited driving to save fuel.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

Langue_doc

Quote from: Langue_doc on May 15, 2022, 11:09:35 AM
$4.63 and the usual decimals, cash (I think this was the least expensive of the four stations I passed this morning). I've been watching the price go up from $4.18 just ten or so days ago. Should have filled up last week, but I still have half a tank left. It's going to be an expensive summer.

$4.71 and the usual decimal points today, cash or credit.

I was in disbelief when I saw the prices at the four or five gas stations on my way to the grocery store this morning because the price was almost $5 last week. I haven't been driving much but I kept watching the prices go up and telling myself that I should fill up before the prices went above $5.

dismalist

It's hard to make meaning out of individual price reports from different times and places with different tax rates, blending rules, and locations. Most important at the moment, we must not confuse the effect of the overall inflation rate on the price off gasoline with a change in the relative price of gasoline.

Adjusted for inflation, the price of gasoline is still lower than it was in February 1981, July 2008, and all through 2011 to 2014.

https://www.eia.gov/outlooks/steo/realprices/

My forecast for gasoline prices is that they will fluctuate. :-)
That's not even wrong!
--Wolfgang Pauli

little bongo

About $4.69 a gallon for the regular unleaded.

Nightshade

Ugh - $5.09 for regular unleaded here...good thing I had fuel points, which brought it down to $4.39 a gallon...but, then again, I only had so many fuel points because grocery prices have also been astronomical.

Harlow2

Quote from: dismalist on June 02, 2022, 10:50:17 AM
It's hard to make meaning out of individual price reports from different times and places with different tax rates, blending rules, and locations. Most important at the moment, we must not confuse the effect of the overall inflation rate on the price off gasoline with a change in the relative price of gasoline.

Adjusted for inflation, the price of gasoline is still lower than it was in February 1981, July 2008, and all through 2011 to 2014.

I do remember other price spikes in the long-ago past, so this is helpful. I paid 4.84 yesterday when I was just about out of gas and then passed 2 stations at 4.67.

clean

QuoteQuote from: dismalist on June 02, 2022, 10:50:17 AM

I do remember other price spikes in the long-ago past, so this is helpful. I paid 4.84 yesterday when I was just about out of gas and then passed 2 stations at 4.67.

Dont Feed The Dismalist!

Dismalist only posts here to tell us why this information is useless, or that gasbuddy or AAA provide national and regional numbers.  Ignore him/her. 

Finally, this last post is just wrong, but I wasnt going to point out that many of us post the CHANGES in prices and the direction of change  (as a potential warning to GO NOW and fill up or WAIT a day or so...  , so while the levels are a function of state taxes, the changes are NOT,  but I hope that hu goes to other threads to post there dismal outlook elsewhere!

Anselm

I am Dr. Thunderdome and I run Bartertown.