News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

What does Fuel Cost in your Neighborhood?

Started by clean, June 18, 2019, 11:43:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Langue_doc

Quote from: clean on June 03, 2022, 06:58:11 AM
...but I wasnt going to point out that many of us post the CHANGES in prices and the direction of change  (as a potential warning to GO NOW and fill up or WAIT a day or so...  , so while the levels are a function of state taxes, the changes are NOT...

Gas prices went up in a matter of hours today. The gas station along the main drag (prices are usually higher here because of the location) was selling gas for $4.96 or thereabouts this morning, around 9:30. On my way back around 4 this afternoon, the price had gone up to $5.13. I think the gas prices in the stations closer to home also seem to be higher than they were just a couple of days ago.

clean

Not even a week ago I filled up at $4.01, the next day saw $3.99 around.  Now $4.29 seems to be the going rate! 

Not sure what they will be in a month for the July 4 weekend! 

Maybe the prices will keep people closer to home? 
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

hmaria1609

$4.45 at Costco (and Sam's Club) when I filled up yesterday. Others are $4.69 and up

sinenomine

Fueled up this morning for a whopping $4.99
"How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks...."

clean

Posted 2 days ago that gas had gone up to $4.29 from $4.01, and today (48 hours later) it is up to $4.49!!  I dont remember it being that high in my neighborhood in the 15 or so years I ve lived here! 

Any big jumps in your area?
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

apl68

A gallon of gas for my lawn mower cost close to $5 this Saturday.  I can probably hold off having to gas up the car for another two weeks.  We'll see what it looks like then.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

evil_physics_witchcraft

Quote from: clean on June 06, 2022, 07:30:03 AM
Posted 2 days ago that gas had gone up to $4.29 from $4.01, and today (48 hours later) it is up to $4.49!!  I dont remember it being that high in my neighborhood in the 15 or so years I ve lived here! 

Any big jumps in your area?

While driving home, I saw it for $4.49/gal. :(

OneMoreYear

It was $4.79 when I filled up this morning near home, which was a jump of 20 cents from a couple days ago.
Near campus today, I saw gas prices above $5 for the first time at $5.09.

Langue_doc

Around $5.10 today, up from $4.71 last week.

Gas prices in NJ are around $5.40, according to yesterday's news on TV; back in the good old days we NYC-ers would fill up whenever we were in NJ because the prices were much lower in that state.

EdnaMode

$4.99 this morning, was $4.86 two days ago.
I never look back, darling. It distracts from the now.

saffie

$5.05 in Long Lake, NY (Adirondacks) this morning, $4.97 in the New York Thruway service areas.

hmaria1609

$4.69 at Costco and Sam's Club. $4.95 and up around town.

Langue_doc

While gas prices are around $5.10 for the lowest grade, diesel prices at the same stations are well above $6.00 which might partly account for the increasing prices of groceries and other staples.

apl68

Still barely under $5 when I fueled up here yesterday after church.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

OneMoreYear

Up 30 cents from last week, so it's now at $5.09.