News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

What does Fuel Cost in your Neighborhood?

Started by clean, June 18, 2019, 11:43:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harlow2

4.99.9 in South Jersey tonight. I could have saved $.04 / gal. had I been willing to drive 5 miles down year road

hmaria1609

Filled up at $4.85 at Costco today.  $4.89 at the rest unless you're paying cash, rewards member, or getting car wash

hmaria1609

$4.69 at Costco filling up today. $4.75 and up around town

clean

Ive been out of town for some time.  I spent a week in Florida because my father was admitted to the hospital, and days after returning, we had to go to a conference (on Better Investing... which I recommend) in Dallas.

Upon returning home I was happy to see that gas was only $4.18!   
I dont remember what it was before I left, but compared to the prices I saw in Dallas and Central Florida, this is a happy price! 
There are some stations in town, though that still show $4.59!  SO I hope that this is a remnant of last week and not a foreshadowing of things to come!
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

Langue_doc

$4.59 this morning, down from $4.79 last Friday.

apl68

About four and a half dollars for 87 octane as of yesterday.
All we like sheep have gone astray
We have each turned to his own way
And the Lord has laid upon him the guilt of us all

clean

I was out and about doing an errand that I could not postpone.  I saw that gas near me had dropped to $4.05!
When I got near my destination (8 miles away) the price was below $4!! ($3.97)

I will need gas when I am able to get out and about next, so I hope that the trend is moving MY Way!!

Are things improving in your area lately?

clean

Filled up today at $3.86 today! 

What are you seeing?

dismalist

Just came across this article from the Dallas Federal Reserve Bank explaining gasoline prices as they relate to crude oil prices at different times and places. It is very thorough and easy to understand. Situation normal. Well worth reading.

Oil prices fell so why don't pump prices

That's not even wrong!
--Wolfgang Pauli

sinenomine

I found it somewhat sad that I was excited to see the stations near me drop to $4.60.
"How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks...."

hmaria1609

$4.35 when I filled up at Costco earlier today. $4.53 and up around town.

paultuttle

hmaria1609

Filled up at $4.25 at Costco earlier today. $4.43 and up at the other stations.

Vkw10

Enthusiasm is not a skill set. (MH)

clean

Today, I ventured out to a curbside delivery and found gas to be $3.75.  Much better than earlier!  But as I have been Covid positive and isolating at home I have not burned much gas! 

Though my area is dealing with very high temps and the local electric company is threatening to black us out if we dont conserve, so Im tempted to fill the gas cans and prep the generator in case i need to power my own, emergency window AC  (because i would NOT have been a good pioneer, especially when i m sick!!)