News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Trivial Irrelevant Aggravations

Started by sprout, October 03, 2019, 12:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FishProf

The publisher provided test bank questions refer to things NOT in the updated textbook.
I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.

ciao_yall

I write with my right hand, but for various reasons I mouse with my left. Usually I just put the normal mouse on the left-hand side of my computer and off I go.

The ergonomics guy at my new job came in and when he noticed I mouse left, thoughtfully provided me a super spiffy left-handed mouse. Yay.

Except... the buttons are reversed. So now I'm left-clicking when I should be right-clicking and it's driving me batty. But by the mid-afternoon I have the hang of it.

Meanwhile, the mouse I use at home is not reversed. So I come home from work and there I go, wrong-clicking again.

Oy.

Liquidambar

Quote from: ciao_yall on March 16, 2024, 09:31:02 AMExcept... the buttons are reversed. So now I'm left-clicking when I should be right-clicking and it's driving me batty. But by the mid-afternoon I have the hang of it.

You can switch the mouse buttons in your operating system settings.  (Another left-handed mouser here.)
Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all. ~ Dirk Gently

ciao_yall

Quote from: Liquidambar on March 16, 2024, 10:50:15 AM
Quote from: ciao_yall on March 16, 2024, 09:31:02 AMExcept... the buttons are reversed. So now I'm left-clicking when I should be right-clicking and it's driving me batty. But by the mid-afternoon I have the hang of it.

You can switch the mouse buttons in your operating system settings.  (Another left-handed mouser here.)

I know, but I never bothered and now I'm used to it. I think it will be good brain exercise to keep getting the hang of different mice. Mouses?

fishbrains

Why did Dell put the Numbers Lock/Unlock key on my laptop right where it's so easy to accidentally hit it? I'm tired of hitting a number and then having my cursor take an excursion to somewhere across the screen.
I wish I could find a way to show people how much I love them, despite all my words and actions. ~ Maria Bamford