News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Is there a pineapple shortage?

Started by clean, July 19, 2023, 10:56:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lightning

I'm driving through Flyover Land, right now. The only pineapple I found at Big-Box Superstore were pre-cut chunks mixed with other pre-cut fruit.

Juvenal

Cranky septuagenarian

clean

My Bride was at the grocery store yesterday. None there.
I had to venture to WalMart today and found some small Costa Rica pineapple.  I got one.  I am looking forward to trying it after missing for so long!

Still, it isnt the size Im used to. 
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

evil_physics_witchcraft

Ok, now I'm intrigued. I plan to look for pineapple today.

ciao_yall

Quote from: evil_physics_witchcraft on August 06, 2023, 08:47:51 AMOk, now I'm intrigued. I plan to look for pineapple today.

We have some at our Whole Foods and I meant to look to see where it was from for an update to this thread... but as happens at Whole Foods I got distracted.

evil_physics_witchcraft

I stopped by the store today and found whole pineapple for $2.79 each.

clean

Since I started this thread, I was once able to get a pineapple (a smaller one) from Walmart.  My local grocery has not had them.  Today was no exception!!

If you have the opportunity to enjoy a fresh pineapple, dont let it slip through your fingers!!  Enjoy it while you can!!

memyself

Saw them yesterday at my grocery store for $2.69 a piece in the Land of Lincoln...

clean

Better, but not resolved...

Last week, My Bride found no pineapple at the grocery store.  The workers suggested we come early in the day, or call early so that IF they have any, they can set one asside.

At wallmart last week, (after leaving the grocery store), she scored a pineapple!!!   She said that they had 3 to choose from.  The worker there indicated that earlier in the day someone bought 50!!  Why would anyone need 50?  (Perhaps pinapple Hoarding is in full swing!!)

Today I got another pineapple from Walmart, to full up my container!  There seemed to be 20 or so to pick from.  Still, though the grocery store seems to still be lacking!

So be Warned!!  Pineapple Hoarding May now be a THING!!   Dont find yourself without a pineapple!  (It may not be as critical as the TP issues when COVID struck!)

AvidReader

An absolute wall of them in my local grocery store yesterday. I hadn't seen this thread first, so didn't know to inspect for quality, but I'd estimate 200+. Sorry, clean.

AR.

dismalist

Clean's locale has insufficient offers of pineapples. AvidReader's locale clearly has sufficient offers of pineapples. They need to get together, so one can ship to the other. They just gotta haggle over price! :-)
That's not even wrong!
--Wolfgang Pauli

apl68

Haven't been looking for pineapples lately, but had great luck finding fresh cherries.  Locally we usually have them on a blink-and-you-miss-it basis, but they've been available for much of the summer this year.  The nation's cherry growers must have had a banner year.  We should take advantage of their availability this year, since anymore there's no guarantee that next year most of the nation's cherry orchards might not be lost to droughts or wildfires or something.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

AvidReader

Quote from: dismalist on September 04, 2023, 02:31:42 PMClean's locale has insufficient offers of pineapples. AvidReader's locale clearly has sufficient offers of pineapples. They need to get together, so one can ship to the other. They just gotta haggle over price! :-)

I used to live, I think, in the state adjacent to clean's. Clearly I made the right choice when I left! (That said, clean, if you decided to give your address to me, a random stranger on the internet, I would absolutely mail you a pineapple).

AR.

ciao_yall

Saw pineapples in my little urban corner grocery store. Sign said they were from Costa Rica.

AmLitHist

Quote from: dismalist on September 04, 2023, 02:31:42 PMClean's locale has insufficient offers of pineapples. AvidReader's locale clearly has sufficient offers of pineapples. They need to get together, so one can ship to the other. They just gotta haggle over price! :-)

Hmm.  I wonder if I could grow pineapples here in metro StL and make a killing in the pineapple market. . . . free pineapples to Clean, of course!  :-)