News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Trivial Irrelevant Aggravations

Started by sprout, October 03, 2019, 12:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sprout

I don't think this thread has been re-instated yet.  I'll start:

I want a pedicure but my legs are very hairy.

writingprof

I'm trying to ignore the president, but he's on all the channels.

Wahoo Redux

I left the drive-thru bag from the Impossible Whopper and onion rings in the car and the cab smelled like the dumpster behind a Burger King.  I had to drive with all four windows open to air it out.
Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.

Bede the Vulnerable

How's this for "trivial"?  The letter "i" is sticking on my laptop keyboard.  I have to hammer it hard to get it to work.

It HAD TO be a vowel . . .
Of making many books there is no end;
And much study is a weariness of the flesh.

Juvenal

Quote from: Bede the Vulnerable on October 06, 2019, 07:10:38 PM
How's this for "trivial"?  The letter "i" is sticking on my laptop keyboard.  I have to hammer it hard to get it to work.

Perhaps learn from the work that's referenced below. Not, of course, the same letter, but... [note what letter's not used here]:

https://www.amazon.com/Void-Georges-Perec/dp/0099512165/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3SQA8BNVSKUCB&keywords=a+void+perec&qid=1570461753&s=books&sprefix=A+Void%2Caps%2C334&sr=1-1

Cranky septuagenarian

backatit

Quote from: Bede the Vulnerable on October 06, 2019, 07:10:38 PM

Is it a Mac perchance? You've described my life with my Macbook. One key after another, just randomly...Right now it's the ' key. I've blown compressed air on them, cleaned them with a swab...

Thursday's_Child

One of the new set of cookie sheets is too large to fit into my oven.

mamselle

All those wonderful scans I did over the weekend in the library I was visiting went in as single items. The scanner wouldn't batch them.

So I'm going through 100 scans at a time, labeling and saving them from my email where I sent them.

This usually works because I can send a group of scans, then another, and another.

In this case I have to do individual pages.

Why didn't they have the little desktop jobbies that batch things and let you see what you have? I had to stand at the copier/scanner for a couple of hours at a time, which was also a pain because it had to be re-coded for the email every so often.

The little ones can be given an email address and you can save it (secret trick) for use throughout the day (since no-one else knows or does this...) so you don't have to keep typing it in.

Trivial, because I'm still glad to get all those book pages for my notes on several different projects.

But massively irritating...I'm spending a couple hours on each send-sequence doing 100 scans individually because there's no way to batch them.

OK, thanks.

[/vent over.....]

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

bio-nonymous

My blood pressure boils over at the now commonplace "I don't use a turn signal" behavior. UGGGG!

paultuttle

Beautiful leaves! Leaves everywhere. Tracked into the house, strewn across the (new) car's carpet, mounded outside neighbors' homes waiting for the city's leaf-picker-upper truck, slathered in wet multicolored pieces all over the sidewalk, stuffed into the rain gutters on the house, tucked under the car's windshield wipers, lazily falling to the ground one, by one, by one.

Every year, I love their beauty and hate the mess they make--and I miss them when they're gone.

FishProf

The leaves I didn't gather up last weekend are frozen to my driveway.
I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.

Wahoo Redux

My office stapler is a lazy piece of ****!
Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.

Juvenal

Quote from: Wahoo Redux on November 13, 2019, 02:19:26 PM
My office stapler is a lazy piece of ****!

You would think (I do) that stapler technology is a mature one.  That the stapler has been perfected.  And yet . . . when you find a stapler that does just what a stapler should, you hug it to your bosom and let NO one borrow it.
Cranky septuagenarian

Thursday's_Child

I think that the house currently showing a score of Car 1, Garage door 0 is the same one that played this game a few years ago, but I'm not entirely sure.

wareagle

[A]n effective administrative philosophy would be to remember that faculty members are goats.  Occasionally, this will mean helping them off of the outhouse roof or watching them eat the drapes.   -mended drum