Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

What's your weather?

Started by polly_mer, May 20, 2019, 05:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

hmaria1609

Thunderstorms and rain at the moment. It started after I came home from the library--it'll go through the wee hours.

mamselle

Rainy. Thunder every now and again.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

apl68

The rain we were supposed to have most of this week as a result of Nicholas has mostly failed to materialize.  Now very rainy looking.  The forecast calls for no rain today, thunderstorms tomorrow.  It really looks like it would like to start early.

On the plus side, it's much cooler now.
See, your King is coming to you, just and bringing salvation, gentle and lowly, and riding upon a donkey.

mamselle

Cool, rainy, dry.

Cool, rainy, dry.

Cool, rainy, dry.

Rinse and repeat (literally)...

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Harlow2

Vkw10

High was 97 today. Expecting low of 70 tonight. Great for morning walks and afternoon swims.
Enthusiasm is not a skill set. (MH)

Langue_doc

Flash flood and travel advisory:

September 23, 2021 — New York City Emergency Management has issued a travel advisory for Thursday, September 23 through Friday, September 24. According to the National Weather Service, rain and scattered thunderstorms are forecast citywide beginning Thursday afternoon through Friday. Light rain on Thursday morning will become steadier after 2 p.m. with a chance for scattered thunderstorms. Some of the storms could produce gusty winds and heavy rain. Maximum rainfall rates are forecasted to potentially reach 1 inch per hour. The greatest chance of heavy rain and thunderstorms is from 6 p.m. Thursday through 2 a.m. Friday. There is also a potential for 60 mph wind gusts during periods of heavy rainfall and severe thunderstorms. A total of 1.5 inches to 2 inches of rain are expected with locally higher amounts possible. The National Weather Service has also issued a Flash Flood Watch for New York City beginning at 4 p.m. Thursday, September 23, through 8 a.m. Friday, September 24. A Flash Flood Watch is issued for New York City when there is a forecast for 1 inch of rain per hour for an entire hour.

mamselle

Yikes.

We have a small craft advisory but nothing like that: it's 77 degrees and dry and pleasant at the moment.

Some thunderstorms suggested (58% chance) for tomorrow late in the afternoon, but otherwise, it looks calm and clear.

Be safe.

M.

ab_grp

We have an unusually dark and rainy morning with some t-storm activity.  It almost never rains in the morning here except when I have to be up and out of the house early for something important.  Luckily, I am staying in today (knock on wood)!

AmLitHist

Low in the 50s overnight, and now about 68, close to noon. Beautiful clear sky, and low humidity.  Gorgeous!

mamselle

Clear, cool, 60s-70s when I took my (extended) walk this AM--it was too nice to go in so I crossed the bridge, and walked back the long way, on the other side of the river. Almost two hours instead of the usual one....

Several good pictures of an obliging heron, a swan, and some ducks were an added bouns.

M. 

hmaria1609

Beautiful weather here too!  Great for BBQ too.

Langue_doc

Quote from: mamselle on September 23, 2021, 03:18:37 PM
Yikes.

We have a small craft advisory but nothing like that: it's 77 degrees and dry and pleasant at the moment.

Some thunderstorms suggested (58% chance) for tomorrow late in the afternoon, but otherwise, it looks calm and clear.

Be safe.

M.

Thanks, mamselle. We got plenty of rain of varying intensities, but nothing serious.

Gorgeous day today.

mamselle

Decent out, it's been supposed to rain for hours, but no show.

Something outside keeps booming--?firecrackers, maybe?--then stops.

At least it's not the cone of a volcano falling in...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hhsOX46w5w

M.