News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

What's your weather?

Started by polly_mer, May 20, 2019, 05:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mamselle

Quote from: pgher on May 23, 2019, 05:25:07 AM
Storms. Possible tornadoes within 30 miles each of the last 2 days. Not a whole lot of rain in the gauge because they move so fast, though.

Eek!

Hope you're OK.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

azaz_the_unabridged

Cloudy and warm at the moment. We had thunderstorms this morning though, and I suspect they'll return this afternoon (if I'm lucky, they'll wait until after I get back home).

Thursday's_Child

Sunny, hot & getting hotter, no rain in sight unless the heat starts causing thunderstorms.

aside

Sunny, hot, and humid; sigh.

pgher

Quote from: mamselle on May 24, 2019, 02:50:17 AM
Quote from: pgher on May 23, 2019, 05:25:07 AM
Storms. Possible tornadoes within 30 miles each of the last 2 days. Not a whole lot of rain in the gauge because they move so fast, though.

Eek!

Hope you're OK.

M.

Yep. The good and bad of tornadoes is that they are super local. Lots of damage not far from here, absolutely nothing here. Now it's sunny, hot, and muggy.

Hibush

It's been completely calm since noon yesterday, here on the Fora. But now we're back.

turing_complete

Yesterday it was sunny when I left the house to walk to a friend not too far away (about 15 minutes walking).  By the time I got there, it was a major thunderstorm.  Some parts of the area got a lot of hail, but it seems to have missed where I am.

Today it's again sunny, and the forecast says no chance of rain at all, so I'm going to risk going walking again.

namazu

Great clouds of mosquitoes.

mamselle

Cool breeze, sunshine.

Last night's thunderstorm might have been related to the one discussed above.

My friend who's moving just told me that she was about to leave her new place when it hit.

She ended up staying overnight at the new digs, sleeping on her yoga mat with her purse for a pillow.

Now it's nice out...

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

backatit

Tornado warnings. But mostly over now. Heading back into the miserable heat tomorrow, so hopefully the weather will clear up.

Thursday's_Child

Pleasant and almost cool (mid-70's) while walking the dog (6 to 6:20), steadily increasing temps for the next hour while watering, closed up house and turned on AC about ten 'til eight when it was approximately 80oF with enough humidity to raise that at least three degrees.  AC will remain on until bed time - about 10 tonight - but I doubt windows can be opened until at least 2 a.m.

backatit

96 at 11 am today. I love the WTF weather app, even if it's NSFW. If I have to live in this perpetual sauna, I might as well have something to laugh about.

paultuttle

91 degrees F as I write this at 11:55 a.m. Eastern in central NC.

hungry_ghost

mamselle

Slightly overcast, but warm enough to be comfortable without coats.

Which is a good thing for all the screaming graduates in the tent just outside my library window...

M.