News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

What's your weather?

Started by polly_mer, May 20, 2019, 05:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

polly_mer

It's snowing here!

We often get one last snow around Mother's Day, but this is ridiculous.
Quote from: hmaria1609 on June 27, 2019, 07:07:43 PM
Do whatever you want--I'm just the background dancer in your show!

Parasaurolophus

Raining. It's a bit grey and dreary, but every rainy day makes a forest fire less likely/catastrophic, so...
I know it's a genus.

Vkw10

91 degrees F with a low of 75 expected tonight. Humidity of 73%.
Enthusiasm is not a skill set. (MH)

Antiphon1

bhiennsona

Hot and humid (90+ F with 80%+ relative humidity). At this point, I'd welcome some wind and/or rain.

ab_grp

Very windy and dry the past few days, lots of fire warnings.  Cooler due to the winds but moving back into the 90s with low humidity.

mamselle

Clear (for the moment). Yesterday (or the day before) we had sunshine one minute, a cloudburst the next, and ten minutes later...clear skies again.

Durnedest thing.

I'm carrying around extra sweaters and scarves because it's still chilly in the evenings, but have stopped wearing so many layers at once just because it's easier to add or subtract a sweater than a second T-top.

But we're past the latest day for a snowstorm in my memory (May 5th, 1984) so...there's that.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

paultuttle

Raining, but set to reach near 90 degrees (F) later in the day.

pgher

Storms. Possible tornadoes within 30 miles each of the last 2 days. Not a whole lot of rain in the gauge because they move so fast, though.

ergative

Cool and cloudy. We had some beautiful sunshine the last few days, but now just clouds and rain for the next week. This is problematic, as I have no access to a dryer, so I must plan my laundry according to the weather. (Winter's okay because I can use the radiators.) Now the towels are getting manky, and there's no good time to dry them for the foreseeable future. Last summer was unseasonably sunny and beautiful, and I got a bit spoiled not having to worry about laundry.

RatGuy

Currently 78 -- I just walked the dog -- but it's expected to top 95 today. Cloud cover isn't expected, so it'll heat up. Luckily the humidity is likely below 75%.

mamselle

Quote from: mamselle on May 21, 2019, 11:11:36 AM
Clear (for the moment). Yesterday (or the day before) we had sunshine one minute, a cloudburst the next, and ten minutes later...clear skies again.

Durnedest thing.

I'm carrying around extra sweaters and scarves because it's still chilly in the evenings, but have stopped wearing so many layers at once just because it's easier to add or subtract a sweater than a second T-top.

But we're past the latest day for a snowstorm in my memory (May 5th, 1984) so...there's that.

M.

Rinse (two days ago) and repeat.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

apl68

No rain for the last several days.  That may make this the longest period with no rain so far this year.  And none in the immediate forecast!  Very good, since we're holding an outdoor event at work tomorrow evening.

Maybe by September the river will finally be down enough to hold the annual bass tournament.  It was scheduled to take place in another week or so.  They postponed it when they realized that the boats would have to put in directly from the highway.  Nobody without diving gear has seen the boat ramp in months.
See, your King is coming to you, just and bringing salvation, gentle and lowly, and riding upon a donkey.

polly_mer

We didn't get snow today, but we had significant winds.  I'm getting tired of having my hat on the string get blown inside out and then choking my neck.
Quote from: hmaria1609 on June 27, 2019, 07:07:43 PM
Do whatever you want--I'm just the background dancer in your show!

hmaria1609

1st post on the new forum!
A major thunderstorm moved through the area earlier today. Cooled the air some too.