Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Herd your cats here

Started by eigen, May 17, 2019, 02:24:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mamselle

Quote from: spork on December 12, 2020, 03:20:25 AM
Henri, le Chat Noir, is dead at age 17.

For those of you who might be unfamiliar with Henri: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q34z5dCmC4M&ab_channel=WillBraden.

I'm sorry to hear of his loss and equally sorry not to have known of his films sooner.

Ah, the futilite....quel chat inebranlable...

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

mamselle

Quote from: mythbuster on December 10, 2020, 03:36:23 PM
We are back with success! It was a competitive process.
    [Snip]
   We pick them up on Saturday (they get "fixed" tomorrow). So we have time to set up a safe zone away from the dog and ponder names. Any suggestions?

Bubble and Squeak?

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

evil_physics_witchcraft

mythbuster

It's been an eventful weekend here in the Buster house!
   We picked up the kittens on Saturday. It turns out they are two boys, rather than a boy and a girl. Fine with us either way. Our house is set up so that we can "airlock" them in the guest bed/bath suite away from the dog. The dog knew something was up the moment we got home.
   We are currently still mulling names. They gray boy is fierce and fearless, but also will melt into a purring puddle of cuddle when the energy runs out. He's slightly smaller than his brother, but is eating to make up the difference! We have a likely name for him, based on a pop culture character who is fierce with heart of gold and lots of extra claws/toes.
   The orange one is more cautious. The ceiling fan perplexed him for a good 15 minutes when we first turned it on. But he is the natural athlete, and has already explored the closet shelving above my head! This morning I got to observe a full on wrestling match between the two that had good give and take on both sides. We did dig out the "cubes" that our previous cats loves to stalk from- they have entry holes on the top and two sides, so those are well in play.
   Poor Mythpup feels that she has been betrayed in the worst possible way. She has seen the kittens through a low window into the room. Unfortunately, when she first saw them I was cuddling them- the look of shock and betrayal by her "alpha" was visible on her face. Now she won't let either of us out of her sight. She's being much more needy than usual and when she goes outside just wants to stare though that one window! So introductions there will be slow and cautious- I'm sure it will be the Grey one who puts her in her place based on personalities.

FishProf

I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.

smallcleanrat

Congratulations on the new additions to your family, mythbuster!

Hope Mythpup comes around soon and can start enjoying time with her new siblings.

Looking forward to kitten stories!

citrine

Those sound like two delightful kittens.

Orange boy cats in general seem to have been off chasing something when the gods of cats were handing out brains, but they usually have very sweet temperaments and are very playful. So grey boy may be the brains and orange boy may be the brawn in your little duo.

We are low on cats at the shelter right now, which is a nice problem to have, except that a lot of people do want to bring a cat home for the holidays...

(Also for names, or at least for nom de fora names: Adam [for the orange] and Jamie [for the grey])

nebo113

clean

Tom and Jerry

(my kitties were named that as my dad proclaimed "He's going to be a Tom!"
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

smallcleanrat

Alexander and Louis?

Or Fleming and Pasteur?

wareagle

Mutt and Jeff?

Oh, right, they're cats.  My bad.
[A]n effective administrative philosophy would be to remember that faculty members are goats.  Occasionally, this will mean helping them off of the outhouse roof or watching them eat the drapes.   -mended drum

sprout

Quote from: citrine on December 15, 2020, 05:14:00 AM
Orange boy cats in general seem to have been off chasing something when the gods of cats were handing out brains...

In general, maybe, but we have two that are very smart.  One who, we think, is comparable to a three year old and gods help us if he had opposable thumbs.  The other is very wily, particularly when it comes to avoiding medicine.

OneMoreYear

Quote from: nebo113 on December 15, 2020, 05:43:53 AM
Quote from: mythbuster on December 14, 2020, 09:10:34 AM
will melt into a purring puddle of cuddle

Awwwwwwww.....

I agree with Awwwwwww. Cuddly kitten!   
When we were viewing the cats at the shelter when we adopted Ricochet and Ninja, I met a huge orange cat who was nicknamed "The Lump." When I sat down next to him at the shelter, he slid his gigantic self over to me, poured himself into my lap, and melded into me while rumble purring. I think he would have stayed there for hours. The Lump was adopted the next time we went back and SO fell in love with our kittens. So, no puddle of cuddle for me.

statsgeek

We had a major event in StatLand yesterday.  You may recall that last June/July, we adopted our FosterFail girl (about 2 yrs old) as well as two unrelated kitten boys - I'll call them Yin and Yang here.  Yin and Yang have been lap kitties from the first day, but FosterFail girl has not.  She's gentle and sweet, and likes to be petted (on her terms, of course), but is not a cuddle-kitty.  Well, yesterday, I was trying to talk on the phone without disturbing StatSpouse, so I sat down on the bed and FosterFail girl got up from where she was sleeping at the other the end, and crawled into my lap and curled up there!!!!  Her first lap!!!!  Even though she didn't stay long, I'm still thrilled and am now convinced we'll make a lap-kitty out of her yet. 

evil_physics_witchcraft

Quote from: statsgeek on December 17, 2020, 06:32:38 AM
We had a major event in StatLand yesterday.  You may recall that last June/July, we adopted our FosterFail girl (about 2 yrs old) as well as two unrelated kitten boys - I'll call them Yin and Yang here.  Yin and Yang have been lap kitties from the first day, but FosterFail girl has not.  She's gentle and sweet, and likes to be petted (on her terms, of course), but is not a cuddle-kitty.  Well, yesterday, I was trying to talk on the phone without disturbing StatSpouse, so I sat down on the bed and FosterFail girl got up from where she was sleeping at the other the end, and crawled into my lap and curled up there!!!!  Her first lap!!!!  Even though she didn't stay long, I'm still thrilled and am now convinced we'll make a lap-kitty out of her yet.

Yay! She trusts you.