News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

The Inhale Thread !

Started by mamselle, June 14, 2019, 06:11:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harlow2

Congratulations to both Traductio and Parasaurolophus!

traductio

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on February 23, 2023, 08:08:01 PM
Got the first comped copies of my book today.

Even better, there was just enough extra room for it on my bookshelf.

Fantastic!

Larimar

Quote from: Harlow2 on February 24, 2023, 08:57:01 AM
Congratulations to both Traductio and Parasaurolophus!

Congratulations!

evil_physics_witchcraft

AmLitHist

AmLitHist

Another classroom evaluation by the dean has come and gone.  I wonder how many more I'll have to undergo before I retire?  (I'm on a 3-year cycle.)

sinenomine

Yesterday was my last day as interim dean. It felt nice to wake up this morning without that responsibility.
"How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks...."

Harlow2

I finally got caught up on responding to 2/3 of the Discussion questions; I'll get the next ones tomorrow.

Larimar

My daffodils are in full, bright, glorious, blossom! They give me a lot of joy.

apl68

Nothing quite like a good bloom of daffodils, is there?  We have a town in the region that celebrates a Daffodil Festival each year.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

Larimar

Very cool! I'd go to such a festival.

MarathonRunner

Secured my dream postdoc today!

Also, two dissertation papers now published (plus one under review, one about to be submitted ), which my supervisor says should make the defence easier. Dissertation edits being made, with diss  to be sent to examiners by March 16, plus a paper where I'm last author just published! Lots of good to outweigh the grief of having to help our eldest cat to the Rainbow Bridge on Jan 31.

apl68

Congratulations, MarathonRunner!
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

smallcleanrat

Quote from: MarathonRunner on March 02, 2023, 01:20:27 PM

Also, two dissertation papers now published (plus one under review, one about to be submitted ), which my supervisor says should make the defence easier. Dissertation edits being made, with diss  to be sent to examiners by March 16, plus a paper where I'm last author just published! Lots of good to outweigh the grief of having to help our eldest cat to the Rainbow Bridge on Jan 31.

Impressive accomplishments. Congratulations!

So sorry though for the loss of your cat.

Larimar

Quote from: smallcleanrat on March 03, 2023, 07:39:05 AM
Quote from: MarathonRunner on March 02, 2023, 01:20:27 PM

Impressive accomplishments. Congratulations!

So sorry though for the loss of your cat.

+1 to this.