News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

November Research Thread

Started by Parasaurolophus, November 01, 2023, 09:24:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on November 24, 2023, 08:49:50 AMMight get a little chapter writing done. Otherwise, just planning to finish reading for that referee report, maybe make a start on some conference refereeing, and maybe start reading a long thing for the book.

My morning writing time was hijacked, so just reading today. Finished the refereeing paper, read half of a very long book chapter.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Guess I'll try to write a little today, though time will be tight.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on November 25, 2023, 08:28:59 AMGuess I'll try to write a little today, though time will be tight.[/s]

Meh, 400 lacklustre words.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Examining the PhD student today. Otherwise, I might hope to get some refereeing done or something.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on November 26, 2023, 10:03:26 AMExamining the PhD student today. Otherwise, I might hope to get some refereeing done or something.

Wrote a couple hundred.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Just another couple hundred today.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I should finally have some morning writing time, so I guess I should use it for that. I'll also start on that conference refereeing.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on November 28, 2023, 09:56:21 AMI should finally have some morning writing time, so I guess I should use it for that. I'll also start on that conference refereeing.

Wrote a bit, re-organized the book (it's way better now, and the structure is finally clear in my head), and did 60% of my refereeing.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Either a tiny bit of writing, or some refereeing.
I know it's a genus.

Wahoo Redux

Been working solid, every day, sometimes all day with frequent breaks and distractions (like The Fora) so I don't get depressed.

The plan is to have all my ideas and observations down in their respective chapters by the end of December and then to infuse the research where it belongs in the manuscript in January and February.  It's possible with my current momentum. 

I have applied for a couple of nonacademic jobs, and I am a little afraid ironically that I will get one, and this has been fueling my progress to get as much done as I can while I can. 

Trying to do a little creative writing and some magazine writing on the side, would like to poke at that old revise-and-resubmit at some point too.
Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I'll try to finish the refereeing today.
I know it's a genus.

Sun_Worshiper

Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on November 01, 2023, 12:04:53 PMNovember goals:
  • Make progress on paper #1 with colleague - decide if/how to move forward
  • Make progress on paper #2 with colleagues - it would be great to send it off to the next journal on the list, although the ball is largely in my colleague's court
  • Make significant progress on book chapter with colleague that has December due date
  • Make progress on my own book project

Solid progress overall this month, and at least a little on each task, despite a lot of distractions from teaching and personal obligations. Hoping to do better in December now that teaching is coming to a close.

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.