News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

February Research Thread

Started by Parasaurolophus, February 01, 2024, 07:51:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

Just commutework today. A bit more writing for the translation intro, I think.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I'm very tired, and otherwise frazzled, but I guess I need to re-read some stuff so I can polish up that abstract. I can then channel it back into the intro that needs to be longer.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on February 08, 2024, 03:50:11 PMI'm very tired, and otherwise frazzled, but I guess I need to re-read some stuff so I can polish up that abstract. I can then channel it back into the intro that needs to be longer.

Managed that, at least. Now I'm in position to finish the abstract and add a few hundred words to the intro. Hopefully tomorrow.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I'd like to fix the abstract today, and turn to other stuff.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on February 09, 2024, 09:46:09 AMI'd like to fix the abstract today, and turn to other stuff.

Ugh, I got proofs today, have to turn them in tomorrow, and they deleted a bunch of end notes. So I sorted most of that out, and did a few other small things. But did not make the progress I wanted to make.
I know it's a genus.

Sun_Worshiper

Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on February 02, 2024, 03:28:52 PMFebruary goals:
  • Make progress on paper #1 with colleagues - should be submittable soon
  • Make progress on paper #2 with colleagues - ball is in colleague's court
  • Make progress on paper #3 with colleague - R&R, ball is in colleague's court
  • Make progress on book project #1
  • Make progress on book project #2 with colleague

I did some work on paper #1 and book project #2 this week. I might try to do a little more this weekend, although I have some other service priorities that need my attention as well.

Parasaurolophus

Have to try to clear the abstract today. And I should finish the proofs... then do all my course prep. Ugh.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on February 10, 2024, 10:16:28 AMHave to try to clear the abstract today. And I should finish the proofs... then do all my course prep. Ugh.

Well. I finished the abstract and the proofs. So that's something, at least.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I mostly need to prep Wednesday's course today. Will try to spend a little time expanding the intro too.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on February 11, 2024, 10:17:17 AMI mostly need to prep Wednesday's course today. Will try to spend a little time expanding the intro too.

Done, and spent my intro time correcting Latin. Which is annoying, because in the 18th century they (1) quoted from memory, which makes it hard to find stuff, and (2) did weird typographical crap, which means you have to correct it before you can look for the correct quote. I'm almost done hunting it all down, though I ended by giving up on a thorny one. On the plus side, all that correcting and correctly citing has added a few hundred words. Only 4800 words to go!
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Mostly gotta spend my time today on teaching stuff, but I'll have a look and see what I can do translation-intro-wise, too.
I know it's a genus.

Sun_Worshiper

I did a bit more on book project #2 today - slowly chipping away at Chapter 2.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on February 12, 2024, 09:42:20 AMMostly gotta spend my time today on teaching stuff, but I'll have a look and see what I can do translation-intro-wise, too.

Finished fixing the Latin; the toughie from yesterday was a mashup of Cicero and Quintilian. Ugh.

Also wrote another 500 words.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Gonna do what little I can for the intro on my commute today.
I know it's a genus.

Sun_Worshiper

• Revise book chapter with colleague

I received comments from the editor for a book chapter - comments that my coauthor and I will have to address. So I'm adding this to the list.

In the meantime, I'm spending my little bit of spare time today on book project #2.