News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

March Research Thread

Started by Parasaurolophus, March 01, 2024, 08:17:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkstarrynight

I finally took some time to work on my book! I wrote about 1,200 words of a new chapter and add several hundred to the first one. I am happy with that progress and will keep plugging away!

Parasaurolophus

Need to start my conference presentation today. Still sick, though.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on March 07, 2024, 09:22:09 AMNeed to start my conference presentation today. Still sick, though.
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

I wrote almost 2,000 words today on the book manuscript!

Wahoo Redux

I've got a week to the due date. Mostly done but for the shouting. I'm burning my candle at both ends, plus I just received several new newspaper assignments.  Gonna be a busy week.
Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.

Parasaurolophus

I should keep working on the presentation.
I know it's a genus.

Sun_Worshiper

Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on March 01, 2024, 08:23:54 AMMarch goals:
  • Make progress on paper #1 with colleagues - it would be great to get this off by the end of March
  • Make progress on paper #2 with colleagues
  • Make progress on paper #3 with colleague - R&R, ball is in colleague's court
  • Make progress on book project #1
  • Make progress on book project #2 with colleague
  • Revise book chapter with colleague - due mid-March

Almost there on the book chapter. Looking forward to crossing that off the list next week.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on March 08, 2024, 01:51:39 PMI should keep working on the presentation.

I'm maybe 2/3 of the way done. I also dealt with a variety of odds and ends.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Have to catch up on my grading. Should also keep plugging away on the talk.

Also got a desk rejection back, so I should send that out again. This paper has been getting a lot of these, and they bug me, because they're desk rejections from supposedly generalist journals on the basis that the paper comes from my (perfectly respectable, but low-status these days) subfield. Makes for a tough nut to crack. (The last one suggested it might be a hoax, which is pretty weird, since it's a straightforward reply to and expansion of a real paper. And it's a pretty good one, too.)
I know it's a genus.

secundem_artem

Working with my capstone student from last year on a podium presentation for the end of the month. 

Am learning to use DataWrapper - does a far better job of creating tables, charts, and maps than anything I've ever done in Excel.  Upload your data, choose a presentation format (bar chart, line chart, pie chart, etc.) fiddle with titles, colors, and how you want it to look, and hit publish. The free version will only output a png format but you can just drag and drop into your Powerpoint file.
Funeral by funeral, the academy advances

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on March 09, 2024, 09:49:40 AMHave to catch up on my grading. Should also keep plugging away on the talk.

Also got a desk rejection back, so I should send that out again.

Five left to mark, talk pretty much ready to practice.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I'll finish my marking and tackle a referee report. Maybe something else, we'll see. Or a nap.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on March 10, 2024, 09:39:06 AMI'll finish my marking and tackle a referee report. Maybe something else, we'll see. Or a nap.

Submitted the report.
I know it's a genus.

Wahoo Redux

T minus 6 days and counting. 
Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.

Parasaurolophus

Some course prep to attend to, and then I guess I'll do a bit of translation checking, and start reading for a new referee report.
I know it's a genus.