Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

May the Fourth Be With you

Started by clean, May 04, 2022, 10:08:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clean

As it is Star Wars Day, I want to say, "May the Fourth Be With You  Always!"

In honor of today, i hope that you all ask Alexa, " Tell me a Star Wars Joke" 
They are generally worthy of the Dad Jokes thread. 

Enjoy the day and prepare for The Revenge of the Fifth!
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

The Future

Hello Clean & Everyone Else!
Happy 4th and may the fourth be with all of us!  Love these bonus holidays!  My favorite is in August - Sneak some Zucchini on to your neighbor's porch day.  By the way, has anyone already had an abundance of one crop in their spring/summer garden to share with neighbors yet?  June doughnut day is another good one - kind of balances out all of the healthy veggies ;)   

Langue_doc

May the Fourth be with you all!

New York City used to observe Brooklyn Queens Day on the first Thursday after Memorial Day. This used to be a legal holiday for schools until almost twenty years ago. I haven't seen this on calenders for several years now.

More information on this website:
https://www.gothamcenter.org/blog/brooklyn-queens-day-new-yorks-persistent-holiday

According to Wikipedia,
Brooklyn–Queens Day, also sometimes called Welcome Back to Brooklyn Day, Kids Day and Rally Day, was a public school holiday observed in the New York City boroughs of Brooklyn and Queens. In the New York City Department of Education's 2005 contract with the United Federation of Teachers the holiday became citywide, giving all school children the day off but requiring all city school teachers to participate in a professional development day.

hmaria1609

Good reason to blast the Star Wars theme song!  John Williams, thanks for taking us on an incredible musical journey through the galaxy far, far away.

mamselle

Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Wahoo Redux

The fourth is strong with this one.
Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.

Aster

apl68

My first thought on seeing this was "But it's nowhere near Independence Day yet!"
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

evil_physics_witchcraft

And now it's Revenge of the Fifth!