News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Heads Up: Forum Software Update

Started by eigen, June 12, 2023, 11:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eigen

Hey all!

I'm going to be updating the forum software shortly. It should be a simple process, and things are all backed up, but wanted to give a heads up in case I run into challenges.
Quote from: Caracal
Actually reading posts before responding to them seems to be a problem for a number of people on here...

eigen

Update: Forum software has been updated, working on restoring custom themes.
Actually reading posts before responding to them seems to be a problem for a number of people on here...

eigen

Update: One of the forum skins we were using (Dani) is no longer compatible. I have added another new theme (ProCurve), and am happy to add any others people want:

https://custom.simplemachines.org/index.php?action=themes

As a reminder, you can change your theme from your Profile -> Look & Layout

eigen

Update: Fixed an issue where quotes in signatures were not showing up properly.

Please post here as you run across bugs or issues.

downer

Looks great!

Thanks!

I did notice that the signature quote you have now includes all the text including the code.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross."—Sinclair Lewis

Langue_doc

Thanks, eigen! Looks very professional.

apl68

Looks like it went pretty smoothly. Now trying to get used to the new look.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

hmaria1609

Thanks to our admin folks for doing this! I've used message boards with similar features.

Puget

Thank you eigen!

Oh look, a new formatting toolbar!

"Never get separated from your lunch. Never get separated from your friends. Never climb up anything you can't climb down."
–Best Colorado Peak Hikes

eigen

Quote from: apl68 on June 12, 2023, 03:20:58 PMLooks like it went pretty smoothly. Now trying to get used to the new look.

My memory on old look is failing me, but check through the link of possible themes (https://custom.simplemachines.org/index.php?action=themes) and see if there are some that look more like what you remember, and I'm happy to get them uploaded.

Sadly, the exact old theme (Dani) we had for mobile / responsive stuff is no longer compatible and seems beyond my ability to update.

eigen

I added the "Radiohead" theme, that seems maybe a bit closer to the old one.

Liquidambar

Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all. ~ Dirk Gently

kaysixteen

Thank you!-- BTW, what is a 'custom theme'?

Harlow2

eigen

Quote from: kaysixteen on June 12, 2023, 05:31:13 PMThank you!-- BTW, what is a 'custom theme'?

A skin that changes the look and layout of the forums.