News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ciao_yall

QBwH, and for LB got nowhere until I hit the hints site for jawbreaker-refocus.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius plus some with a bit more to go.  We had team QB again yesterday, with me needing help with babka, kayak.

I guess I should have realized jawbreaker-refocus was schmofficial when it came on the first try! Oh well.  I'll take it.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good afternoon!

Beta with pangram today, four words to go.  Yesterday I got stuck with two words to go, so went to 2LL hints; one word was baby—frustrating, because I had found crybaby early on!—and the other was abracadabra

LB:  I had the "official" jawbreaker-refocus.  No 2fer yet today!

Happy puzzling!

Langue_doc

Afternoon!

Pangram (my third word) and above genius. Lots of work yet, so probably no more puzzling other than the crossword.

QB yesterday--stuck it to the end in honor of Beeatrice.

More grading and helping with some editing for one of the outdoors groups I belong to.

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

QB before even waking up properly! Easy words today.

Didn't complete the bee yesterday--too much to do.

Happy solving, all!

cathwen

Good morning!

Congratulations, Langue_doc, on your quick QB!  Good to know they're easy words.  I am at QB-3, so in spite of having to spend time grading finals (and dealing with a student who missed it), I am holding out hope that I will get there.

Yesterday I was stumped on the final word.  A 2LL hint led me to doxed, the variant spelling of a word I already had.

LB:  No success yesterday!  However, I have a 2fer today.

Happy puzzling!

Parasaurolophus

Quick GWP this morning.
I know it's a genus.

ciao_yall

QBwH, last word was doxed. LB - stuck at a 2fer b4ss couth-handiwork then went for a hint and got workaround-ditch.

Happy solving!

ETA: Quick GwPs and 2fer. Guess I gotta go to work.

ab_grp

Good morning/afternoon!

Got past genius but haven't started puzzles in earnest yet.  Luckily, it's been easy so far.  Congrats on your QB, Langue_doc! And cathwen, you are right around the corner from it.  Good luck! I think onion was one of the words I needed help with yesterday.

No luck on LB either despite some good contenders.  Congrats on the 2fers today, cathwen and ciao_yall!

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Well I am down to 3 words on the bee now but can't seem to do the sudoku.  If I click on it, it just doesn't show up! The other games seem to work.  I even tried a different browser.  I didn't see any mention of it on Twitter yet.  Hmm! Hopefully if I switch to LB, I will find a 2fer as quickly as everyone else has! But is anyone else unable to get the sudoku puzzle on your screen?

Langue_doc

Sudoku worked last night on the kindle; it also shows up on my computer--perhaps it's a temporary glitch?

ab_grp

Thank you so much for checking, Langue_doc! I just looked, and it is back! I wonder what was going on there.

ab_grp

Okay, I finally got a 2fer, but that took me a lot longer!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram (third word) and genius; I don't think I have the energy to go chasing after the remaining words.

maybe/evolution

Crosswords weren't too bad.

Happy solving!