News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cathwen

Good morning!

Pangram and genius for me as well today.  Yesterday aping was my last word.

LB:  I also had maybe-evolution.  I wonder if there were other solutions, as this is the "official" one. 

I have a 2fer today, too.

Today I submit grades to the registrar, and then my semester will be over!  Summer awaits!  (So do some long-neglected household chores...ugh!)

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

QBwH, last word was pagan. And maybe-evolution.

This morning found a word that uses almost all the letters BUT NO MATE! GAH.

Oh well, happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got up reeeeally early so kid could go to a dr appt, but I got the crossword done pretty quickly and got to genius +.  Hopefully my brain has success the rest of the day.  We had team QB yesterday, and I am considering myself to have QB because I thought I had entered aping earlier.  I even thought while doing the crossword earlier in the morning that it's funny when the word lists overlap.  Ugh!

I got the same 2fer, but it took me a much longer time to see it! Congrats on another today, cathwen.  And congrats on the end of your semester!

Happy solving!

On preview: Ouch, ciao_yall! I hate when that happens! Maybe it will still work out.

ab_grp

Got a 2fer! Not sure that it's the schmofficial solution, though.

Parasaurolophus

Struggled for the last few points to GWP.
I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

Got a two-fer; hope it's different from the official one.

Gave up on the bee after reaching 200+ points.  I've been procrastinating on the grading (see the student sentences thread) but have to get it done and over with.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and genius so far.

Missed deicide, eidetic, and one other word. I'm glad I didn't try to chase down the missing words as I doubt I'd have found them.

birdbath/hockey

cathwen, woohoo! I hope to be done today.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QB, needed a hint for eiditic.  LB was dayboat-thicker. Seems like an easy solution but early in the day I really wanted to make a 2fer out of tic-carbohydrate-eke and spent a lot of time over there.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

SB was not my best yesterday.  I missed a few words I should have gotten without letter hints, but eidetic was the word that really tripped me up. 

As for LB, I had the "official" thick-keyboard.  Langue_doc and ciao_yall, congratulations on your solutions! 

Langue_doc, good luck with the grading!  I hope you are able to finish today.  I did read your contribution to the student sentences thread, and...wow. 

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning/afternoon!

We haven't really gotten started yet (haven't even done the crossword!).  I did a bit of the bee while brushing my teeth and stuff but don't have the pangram and am not at genius yet.  I had trouble with dietetic, eidetic again yesterday, along with a few others.

My LB solution was brickyard-doeth, which was weird but accepted.  Another interesting set of solutions!

Good luck with grading, Langue_doc!

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

QB and a two-fer.

Grading is done. I'm trying to time the posting of grades so that they are in sync with the out-of-office auto reply.

Bird walk tomorrow; the forecast for rain has changed to fog. Hope the birds are going to be active despite the weather.

Parasaurolophus

Close, but no cigar today.
I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Genius and then the pangram.

Remembered deke and deked from an earlier puzzle. Last word was dock.

querulous/sphinx

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

QB needed a hint for woodcock. LB, needed a hint for querulous-sphinx because in my brain, querulous has 2 rs. Really wanted to make a 2fer out of rip-plushie-equinox but alas, twas not to be.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

Yesterday I stalled at the last word, woodcock.  Had I gone to hints, I might have found it.  Today I made QBABM!

LB:  No solution for yesterday's puzzle.  I tried phloxes, then sphinx(es), but did not see querulous.  Congratulations to those who got it!   I found a 2fer today, though, and fairly quickly. 

Langue_doc, enjoy your bird walk!  And here's hoping that you don't get any grade complaints.

Happy puzzling!