News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ab_grp

Good morning/afternoon!

Got a bit past genius with the pangram.  Wow, congrats on already getting to QB, cathwen!! Yesterday I had a couple I needed help with, including archaic, chica.  I always forget that the latter is in there since similar words often aren't.

No luck on LB, so congrats on your solutions (thingamajig?!) and another one today, cathwen! Hopefully I will have better luck today.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Afternoon!

Found the pangram and got to genius in about 5 minutes very early, really early in the morning before leaving around 5.45 for a bird walk (will post later on the birding thread).

Last word yesterday was tacit--I knew that there was another word similar to tactic, but couldn't think of it until the very end.

Now I have to finish my reading for the book discussion group later this evening and get ready for a hike tomorrow. The hike is reasonable, but it's going to take me at least two hours just to get to the meeting place.

ab_grp

Got a 2fer!

Sounds like a bunch of early days, Langue_doc.  I hope you enjoyed the bird walk and will enjoy the hike!

Langue_doc

Thanks, ab_grp. It was an enjoyable walk in Central Park and we did see a wide variety of species. I was with the group until almost noon--the spring migration walks start at 7:30--and didn't realize that we had been birding for such a long time.

Congrats on the two-fer; just got one too and also QB.

ab_grp

Congrats on your 2fer and QB, Langue_doc! It's nice when you are enjoying an event so much that time passes so quickly unnoticed.

Parasaurolophus

Whew, barely eked out a GWP.
I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Two pangrams and almost genius.

exciting/grovels

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QBABM yesterday, last word babka.  Genius with both pangrams this morning. 

LB:  I had coexisting-grovel.  I found a 2fer today also.

Langue_doc, I'll look forward to reading your post on the birding thread!

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

QB-2, then hit the Grid and alkali, balalaika popped into my head. LB vortexes-slicing.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Almost to genius with the pangrams.  Yesterday I needed help with balalaika again.

For LB, I had the same one as cathwen, coexisting-grovel.  Congrats on another one today, cathwen! I hope to follow in your footsteps again.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Finally had time to get back to the puzzles and got to genius and a 2fer.  Still a ways to go on the bee, though!

Parasaurolophus

Two pangrams, still twenty or so points off.
I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

QB! Last word yesterday was icon.

amazed/dehydration

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning! QBwH, but yeah, I guess tinfoil is one word. LB amazement-thyroid, mazed-dehydration.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

I just ran out of steam and time yesterday and had to go to hints for the last few words.  My very last word was tinfoil.  Like ciao_yall, I did not realize it was one word.

Today, though, I'm making good progress—QB-1. 

LB:  Lots of solutions this time!  And congratulations, ciao_yall, for finding two!  Mine was honeyed-dramatize.  I also have a 2fer today.

Happy puzzling!