Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Only around 20 points left today.

Missed the pangram and felid--didn't even bother looking for the remaining words as I needed a break from puzzling.

Found a quick two-fer this morning, which compensated for yesterday's missed QB and the crossword.

Happy solving, all!

ab_grp

Got a 2fer on my first try! Congrats on your quick one too, Langue_doc.  I wonder if they're the same answers!

ciao_yall

QBwH for felid which I had seen before. LB fundamental-loiter.

Love those quick 2fers! I have a few tight 3fers so hope something will snap soon.

Happy solving!

Parasaurolophus

Didn't make it--didn't have much time to devote to it today.
I know it's a genus.

cathwen

Good morning!

QBABM yesterday, last words baht and bight.  Today, though, I am only at Amazing with the pangram.  I'm finding this one challenging.

LB:  I had a not very economical simplexes-starburst, and it took me a good while to find it.  Today, though, I found a quick 2fer.

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

QBwH, and learned new word: bight. Thought I tried it earlier when fooling around but maybe I just saw it and didn't enter because, hey, that's not a word.

LB - tribute - examples.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Didn't start the bee yet since we are on the new schedule of husband going back to the office, so I shall check in on that later.  Yesterday I needed help with hatha, hatting, ninth, that, thinning, I think.  Just ran out of time.

For LB, I got barbiturate-tribute.  Three different solutions and none schmofficial so far!

Happy solving!

Parasaurolophus

Yesterday's Bee was still open this morning, so I finished it at Beta with both pangrams.
I know it's a genus.

ab_grp

Oops, apparently I was not properly caffeinated before.  My 2fer was barbiturate-examples.  Yeek!

Parasaurolophus, I'm glad you were able to take advantage!

ETA: And I got 2fer on my first try again today! I hope this streak continues.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Found the pangram and got to genius earlier this morning.

Last word yesterday was ninth.

tribute/examples; found the latter first, and then immediately saw that I could get tribute as the first word.

Went on a morning jaunt to Greenwood for a walk and some birding. Early morning bird walks tomorrow and on Wednesday--I think these are probably the last ones this spring as the migrants have already passed through our area.

ab_grp

I hope you enjoyed your birding and walk today and your morning bird walks to come, Langue_doc! What will you do with your early mornings after the migrants are gone? Sleep? Solve puzzles even earlier!

We finally got a chance to compare when I had 3 words left (he still had a lot but can't take his phone into the buildings on site, so not easy to get time for puzzles).  Sadly, we did not have team QB.  One word defied us, but I got it.  It was pretty appropriate for the day!

Parasaurolophus

Not much luck today.
I know it's a genus.

ciao_yall

QB, needed a hint for adman. LN journalist-thrum, journalism-math.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius with the pangram, but that's it for now.  The word we were missing and needed help with was damn, of all things.

I also got journalism-math, although when I looked at the schmofficial solution I had no recollection that it was the same as mine.  Hmm.  I even thought "darn, I missed one with math in it?" Congrats on 2 2fers, ciao_yall!

The puzzle site was down for a bit but appears to be up, thankfully.  I certainly wasn't going to go off and do something productive. 

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Afternoon!

Pangram and genius this morning. Last word yesterday was land, of all things.

ab_grp, I enjoyed the bird walks--this morning, I had a long chat with one of the Central Park Conservancy volunteers after my walk. I was sitting on a bench, deciding which path to take when this person sat down next to me. She had her binoculars, fancy camera, and a tripod, so she guessed that I was a birder on one of the many bird walks in the park this morning. We chatted for more than half an hour on matters other than birding despite keeping our eyes open for interesting birds in that area.

As for the early mornings, I'm a night person, so it is quite challenging to go to bed at what would be a reasonable hour for most people, but also get up and be awake early in the morning. I can do these walks now only because the semester is over, so I don't have to have an alert brain for my courses. The weather's also been cooperative. Next week will be a "normal" week, with my past midnight bedtime and no getting up at 4:30 in the morning! It was quite an accomplishment to be ready for bed by 11:30 last night.

I'll post the bird reports later this afternoon. We did see a raccoon climbing a tree to join hu's partner who was sitting on a crook higher up that tree.