News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cathwen

Good morning!

Above genius with pangram, which it took me a while to find.  Yesterday it got late and I got help to find cryonic, rococo, and ricin.

LB:  I never found a 2fer yesterday!  I had remixed, but did not find globular. I have a 2fer today, though.

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

I had the opportunity to be awakened in the middle of the night thanks to a work call from husband's site that he had to have a teleconference about.  Three damn AM! Took forever to get back to sleep, then I woke up when he got back to bed, so I am not in great mental shape today.  Anyway, I got the pangram but didn't get to genius yet.  Yesterday we each got down to 1 word, which we needed help with (so no team QB): coir.  Again.

Cathwen, I had globular but not remixed.  Maybe we can consider it a team 2fer! Congrats on getting one today.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

QBABM! Last word nori. My new thing is to wait until after dinner to hit the grid and hints. LB globular-remixed.

Slow start today - pangram but not genius, and 3fers.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

QB and a twofer; crossword was completed last night, and surprisingly, I found the Wordle word in my third attempt.

The above sounds like bad prose, but I don't have the energy to fix the sentence.

ab_grp

Congrats on your QBABY and the 2fer yesterday, ciao_yall!

And congrats on your QBABY and 2fer today, Langue_doc! I also managed to get the Wordle solution in 3, but only hours after initially considering it and thinking it wasn't a real word. 

Meanwhile, I am nearly at genius (3 points to go!) and have a few LB contenders, but yuck.

ETA: Okay, got to genius and got a 2fer! Whew.

ciao_yall

QBw2LL, needed a few reminders and retries - adapt, apparat, rapt. Still aiming for ABM - I am not "allowed" to go to the grid until after dinner.

LB goalpost-thrifty, apologist-thrifty.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Finally got to genius with the pangrams this morning.  Yesterday we had team QB, but I was missing rattrap.  I tried ratpack, packrat again just in case.

For LB I had the schmofficial flashlight-trophy.  Congrats on your 2fers, ciao_yall!

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangrams and above genius before leaving for a walk this morning. Last word yesterday was park, which took me quite a while to find, despite having found carpark much earlier. Autocorrect is getting upset with carpark as I'm typing this!

polygraphs/shift

ab_grp, hope you're caught up with your sleep.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good afternoon!

QB yesterday with apparat as the last word after a 2LL hint.  Today I am at Alpha and just found the second pangram. 

LB:  I had apologist-thrifty and frap-physiologist.  Lots of variety this time!  I did not think frap was a word, but apparently it is a nautical term meaning 'to bind tightly.'   

We had a nice walk today at one of our state's nature centers.  It was chilly and windy, and the terrain was moderately challenging, so we didn't walk as long or far as usual—but it was a nice walk nevertheless.  We hope to go back when the weather is nicer.

Happy puzzling!

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and above genius, but that's probably it for today.

Missed libelee, which I've seen before, and tubule. tubule!?

foams/scripture, factious/sperm, pomfrets/sauciest

I thought Monday's crossword was a tad bit difficult for a Monday.

Happy solving, all!

cathwen

Good morning!

Genius with pangram and slowing down.  Yesterday my last words were belittle and beltline.

LB:  Again, lots of variety!  Congratulations on your three 2fers, Langue_doc!  I had performers-sauciest and foursomes-spastic. No 2fer yet today.

I haven't tried the crossword yet this morning—now you've made me curious!

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

QBwH for reminders for libelee, beetle. Nubble was a wild guess.

LB famous-scripture.

ab_grp

Good morning!

I am struggling again today, no pangram, no genius.  Husband got to genius but no pangram.  Yesterday I was basically missing a bunch of compounds (beeline, beltline, bluebell), but we were both missing nubble.

Congrats on all your varied solutions! I did not manage to get any of them despite quite a lot of trying.  Hopefully today will be better.

As for the crossword, I thought it was tougher because some answers were nonsense and this topic is also not really in my wheelhouse.  I got hung up on the spelling of a proper name as well.

Thanks for the sleep wishes, Langue_doc! I'm getting there.  It takes forever to get back to good sleep these days.  It didn't help that the 3 AM night was the third day of early mornings for that work stuff, but it was definitely the worst!

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Can't modify, but I got a 2fer! And finally got to genius, no pangram still, at 40 words.