Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Pi Day (3.14) nears. Plans?

Started by clean, March 13, 2022, 02:53:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clean

Happy Pi Day!  (3 14)

Any big plans for the day?

I am on spring break, which is nice as that gives a week to adjust to the time change, BUT I would have made use of it being Pi Day if we had class!

Will anyone be enjoying Pie to mark the occasion?  (what kind??)
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

evil_physics_witchcraft

We will bake a pie! We have a frozen apple pie, but SO may get a hair up his butt and make a blueberry pie (they're pretty good). Maybe we'll be wild and crazy and make a chocolate cream pie.

Ruralguy

I am diametrically opposed to pi day.

Anselm

I celebrate 7/22, Close Enough Day  (22/7 in Europe)  since 22/7 is close enough for most needs.
I am Dr. Thunderdome and I run Bartertown.

mamselle

Some may celebrate it with an additional intention in mind: 

PIE = Public. Intentional. Explicit.

https://united-church.ca/worship-special-days/pie-day

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

apl68

So far I've celebrated it by dealing with an auditor's report (We passed!), debriefing a staff member regarding a harrowing professional meeting I delegated her to attend last Friday, cleaning up some wind-blown papers in the yard in the absence of our janitor, trying (so far unsuccessfully) to deal with a company credit card that isn't working, so that we can get our web site running again (The service provider declined the card--and now suddenly everybody is!), and wondering why our phone lines are intermittently not working.  I didn't get to sit down in my office chair until two hours after coming in.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

mamselle

I hope the credit card and website issues are not the result of hackers (which have been active secondary to the events in Eastern Europe).

And I hope for you to be able to sit down and enjoy a slice of your favorite pie, at least by the end of the day, at some point.

Mine's cherry, at the little diner we used to go to after swing dances.

...of course, some prefer cake....

<<runs off before someone starts THAT thread again...>>

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

pgher

My wife has covid. I went out to get a prescription that ended up not being filled because we're outside of 5 days. So to compensate, I stopped at the grocery store and got us each personal apple pies. Mmm, pie.

jimbogumbo

I supervised a high school math teacher who figured that if PI day was good PI week would be even better. Students brought in pie everyday for a week. It is glorious!

Larimar

Mr. Larimar and I had pizza (pie) for supper.

evil_physics_witchcraft

Wahoo Redux

I finished the vanilla yogurt which had a "sell by" date of 3.14.

So there's that.
Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.

apl68

Yesterday's credit card, phone, and web site issues were all fixed by day's end.  So I suppose Pi Day turned out pretty well.  No pie, but there's a leftover piece of birthday cake waiting for me at home this evening.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

clean

On my way home from the office (...yes, I went to the office on spring break, as there was still plenty of job stuff to do!!)  I stopped at Walmart and picked up a cherry pie. 

My bride was very excited about the pie (and ice cream) as that is not 'on the diet'.  It needed baking and the directions indicated it needed 2 hours to cool!  She waited, but was full of anticipation!

I cut the pie in several slices.  I have learned that my bride (and her whole family) have a peculiar way of 'slicing' pies.  The first slice comes out ok, but after that, they seem to slice 'from the middle' (especially with cheese cakes or pecan pies).  So in the end, the last person is left with the edge crusts!  SO, having learned my lesson, I sliced the pie myself into traditional pie wedges!  Hopefully, I can get a second slice that is actually a slice!!  But today is it!  After today, IF there is anything left over, it needs to go to a new home as it is NOT on my diet!
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

hmaria1609

I have 2 mini sized mince pies I need to eat!  :D